Maintenance calories

Options
My maintenance calories are 1586 as im only 4ft 11 , if I eat at maintenance and exercise 3 times a week without eating back exercise calories do you think I could still loose weight ?

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Yes. It depends on how much exercise though how fast you would lose.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,846 Member
    Options
    If you're eating at sedentary maintenance and are more active than sedentary maintenance you will be eating at an actual deficit and you will lose.

If you're eating at true maintenance you will maintain

All you're doing is not bothering to accurately estimate your calories out, or your deficit for that matter, and just creating some random deficit as the mood strikes.

As always, I urge that you use a trending weight app or web site to more accurately estimate your weight level.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you mean you would be eating your non-exercise maintenance level...in that case, yes...because you'd be eating in a deficit if you worked out. True maintenance would include all of your activity and thus you would just maintain.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    theoretically, yes.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much exercise you're doing and what kind. If you run an hour 3 days a week, you'll probably lose weight. If you're doing 15 minutes of yoga - not so much.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I'm doing now. I have mfp set to maintenance sedentary and create my deficit with exercise, i have my fitbit synced. It's working well for me.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,001 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I'm doing now. I have mfp set to maintenance sedentary and create my deficit with exercise, i have my fitbit synced. It's working well for me.

Just genuinely curious -- what's the point of having your fitbit synced if you're not eating back exercise calories? Do you just want a record of your calorie burns in MFP?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Just genuinely curious -- what's the point of having your fitbit synced if you're not eating back exercise calories? Do you just want a record of your calorie burns in MFP?

Yep, exactly that. I try and leave between 250-500 calories in the green most days (when i can).
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it will be slow depending on your calorie burn during exercise.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    and remember the amount of food you eat is more important than the exercise .

Good luck