No calories from steps

Help-
I have steps but my calories burned is 0 if I put any exercise in.
If I do not put an exercise in- it calculates steps/burned calories.

Shouldn't it be my exercise + calories from steps?

Replies

• robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    That happened until recently. Now I get no credit for steps at all. They really need to get this worked out.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Help-

This depends. Is the burn from steps higher than the burn from exercise? MFP tries not to double count your exercise, so it overrides the steps when you add in exercise, not sure how they calculate it. Try logging your exercise in your tracker's app, not in MFP for all of your activity to sync together into MFP. Getting zero means you are likely at a default of 1200 and an activity level that is higher than sedentary, but have not achieved the calorie burn to reach that level. If this isn't the case it may be a bug.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,113 Member
    edited September 2017
    Help-

This depends. Is the burn from steps higher than the burn from exercise? MFP tries not to double count your exercise, so it overrides the steps when you add in exercise, not sure how they calculate it. Try logging your exercise in your tracker's app, not in MFP for all of your activity to sync together into MFP. Getting zero means you are likely at a default of 1200 and an activity level that is higher than sedentary, but have not achieved the calorie burn to reach that level. If this isn't the case it may be a bug.

I think it's done based on the time stamp of the exercise to avoid double logging i.e. if you logged a walking activity in your tracker at the same time as steps via MFP the exercise will override it. You could try amending the exercise to a different time and see if that makes a difference.