Punch Bag / Boxing workout

Options
rdl81
rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
Hello all, I have recently brought a punch bag I have done boxercise classes before but was wondering if someone could recommend a circuit I can do at home using the punch bag, looking for cardio type workout 20-30min.

Thanks all

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I would go something like:
    • Jump Rope
    • Shadow boxing
    • Punch bag
    • Burpees
    • Shadow boxing
    • Squat Jumps
    • Punch bag
    • Jump Rope

The number of sets, reps, and well intensity in general really depends on your cardio level but trust me, this kind of circuit would def let you hit cardio zone.
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    so what like 60 sec of each and move onto next taking say 60 sec rest? I see people punching with dumbbells throw those in
  • Naruya
    Naruya Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The above are good but don't use the punching bag very much. I would add some kicks aswell, I do kickboxing workouts like that all the time. It's great for flexibility and drives your heart rate up like crazy so it's great cardio. You could try turning kicks, side kicks, hook kicks, front kicks etc. Lots of possibilities. You'll want to look for some videos first though so you can learn proper form.

Personally I loved working through this 30-day workout, works great with a heavy bag: http://darebee.com/programs/fighters-codex.html