2017 WATER Challenge

Options
Holly_Wood_888
Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
edited January 2017 in Challenges
Do you struggle with you water intake? I sure do ! I get busy at work and forget to drink!

Drinking water helps remove toxins from the body, (thus improving ones complexion and general functions) ; it eliminates fatigue and battles hunger ! So here's to more energy and progression with weight loss.

The Challenge is 8 or more cups of water a day for One Month. Who's with me ?! :smiley:

Every day you can post how many cups or Oz that you have consumed and let me know how your doing or what's holding you back ... let's encourage each other in our journey ♥

Replies

• SteveC_71
    SteveC_71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try going above 8 cups unless you are losing a lot through sweat. 6 cups is probably sufficient for most and the rest will come from their food.

Let your thirst and your urine be your guide. If it's straw coloured perfect anything darker or lighter and you need to either increase or decrease your intake. Although being hydrated is good for your kidneys, water also can wash out essential salts. It reasonably common for people that consume large quanties (2 litres+) in a short period of time to get seriously ill.

I always find the easiest way to keep a steady intake is to have a 24oz water bottle with a straw and then just sip it at my desk or take it to long meetings. That a couple of tea's or coffee's, juice in evening and my food and that's me done. Having said all that if you don't log it you don't know how you're doing so be interested to see how you do during the month and if it's made any difference.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Well, as long as my Diet DP counts. :smile: BTW, yes, it counts. It's liquid. Watermelon counts, too and that's something I could glut myself on.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    Yesterday I drank 65 ounces and I peed all day ! Lol I'm not sure about the real nitty gritty but I'm just counting water and Herbal tea in my intake
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    45 ounces 01/31/17
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    I'm in! Well, as long as my Diet DP counts. :smile: BTW, yes, it counts. It's liquid. Watermelon counts, too and that's something I could glut myself on.

How did you do yesterday Serendipite ?

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am in..
    I am aiming for 64 oz a day.
  • heidilarsen91
    heidilarsen91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will try too. I suck at drinking water but got nothing else to do at my desk. The days will very on how much, I am going to listen to my body on how much it needs and follow it.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    feb 1/17
    40 oz
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »

How did you do yesterday Serendipite ?

I never have any trouble drinking enough. :smiley: I go through about two 2 liters per day, not counting any actual water I may drink or the ice that melts into my drink that I also drain. Have never actually measured.
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    56 oz and counting :)
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) Water intake is a constant struggle for me. 100 0z/day is my goal.

2/2: 96oz so close!
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    Way to go ! That's amazing !!
    asrai50 wrote: »
    I'm in :) Water intake is a constant struggle for me. 100 0z/day is my goal.

2/2: 96oz so close!

• Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    Not so good yesterday - only 40 oz !
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    50 oz - 2/6/17