For Better or Worse- Changing My Life

Options
Hello,

As I have been re-evaluating my workouts and pushing myself to be more active, I'm wondering what sort of results I might expect. Listed below is my weekly routine. To be honest I just started yesterday and I feel really great. One point that I should probably mention is that I space my workouts between 30minutes to an hour apart. This way my body has time to properly cool down and rest before I 'hit it hard'. As for meals and calories, I'm wanting to be vegan. I suppose I would classify myself (at the moment) as semi-vegan as I do consume eggs and some meat (brothers/dad not really pro-vegan). I drink between 1-2 liters of water. I'm really aiming to consume at least 1,200 calories a day but to be honest, it's a bit difficult. I eat high nutrition based foods and have turned to healthy alternatives (almond milk etc) and have added more fiber to my diet. My only problem is what to do about protien (as far as nutrition goes).
Weekly Routine as follows:
M/W/F:
Morning- 30 intense cardio (Look Better Naked DVD) | 30DayShred (30min) | 5mile walk (DVD 75 minutes)
Noon- Denise Austin 12minute workout | 1hr house cleaning (moderate exercise)
Evening- Denise Austin Pilates (20minute) | Denise Austin 12 minute (yoga session)
Total= 4hrs (3.9 respectively)

T/R
Strength training exercises (DVDs used vary) 1hr
Cardio (DVDs vary) 1hr
Total =roughly two hours give or take

Weekends I do light cardio and focus more on pilates/yoga to stretch and rejuvenate tired muscles.

My questions are as follows:
Nutrition-
What sort of options for protein are there for people going vegan?
Are snacks actually beneficial? How far apart should you space them?
Should I be consuming more calories?

Exercise-
What kinds of results should I expect? Toning or weight loss
Should I put more or less resting time between exercises?

P.S I have until August 31st to lose 34lbs but I want to do it safely. Helpful suggestions or motivations are appreciated!

Replies

• SynicalEnvee
    Options
    Day three into this. I'm terribly sore and in incredible pain but I am seeing some small differences.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well, your workout plan seems reasonable enough but your weight loss goal is ridiculous. A good goal is measurable but it is also reasonable. Any more than 2 lbs a week is not reasonable. So basically you want to lose about 3x the healthy amount per week for 6 weeks. That is NOT okay for your body. Please be realistic. It is the only way you'll experience success in weight loss.