Ipsy, yes or no?

Options
Miz_T
Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
I'm considering this monthly box service but I'm hesitant. Do you use it?

Replies

• Miz_T
    Options
    I see there's also Birchbox so I'm not sure which would be better.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    LOVE my ipsy! It's so fun.. the only difference I see between Birchbox and Ipsy is you don't get all the make up bag with Birchbox... I admit I now have way too many make up bags but they are so dang cute!
  • Miz_T
    Options
    Thank you so much for your input.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I get Mask Maven from Beauteque. Korean beauty products. If that's something you're interested in they do a BB bag with skincare, makeup, body care etc.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I had ipsy for over 2 years and I loved it. I also tried other makeup subs and liked Ipsy best. I quit because I had so much stuff I didn't need anymore.
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Never tried Ipsy but want to now!
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Ipsy, but I love my Birtchbox! I usually forget about it and when it shows up it's always a fun surprise!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I had it for a while, I did get a few good items. But more often than not it was just "meh" samples of mascara and a face wash in every bag, EVERY month. (Like, how many frickin' face washes do they think I need?? Criminy.) I eventually got bored of it and canceled after a few months.
  • HealthyGeekMaybe
    HealthyGeekMaybe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while, but they kept sending me the same shades of fingernail polish. I also got a lot of the same kinds of stuff. I tried adjusting my preferences to get different things, but it stayed the same, so I canceled it.
  • Miz_T
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    I get Mask Maven from Beauteque. Korean beauty products. If that's something you're interested in they do a BB bag with skincare, makeup, body care etc.

I will certainly look this up.
  • aki619
    aki619 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love Ipsy. I have had it for over a year, so I have noticed a little bit of overlap with products, but I think it is easy enough to go in and change your preferences so you start getting different products. About every other month I get something that won't work for my skin, or that I already have and I usually just pack those up (as well as all of the extra bags) and send them to my nieces.