Inconsistent with everything !

Options
Sick of forever yo yo dieting ! Slimming world is not for me .... I find it boring . Calorie counting works but sometimes 1200 ️x calories is too restrictive abs causes me to binge . Im only 4ft 11 so im thinking of trying out 1400 daily for month , seeing that prevents the binges ???

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight on 1630. Now, you're not mentioning your stats, so it's hard to be sure. I will say that I'm 5'3, started at 254 lbs, and was on 1710 when I started. After 10 lbs or so, MFP adjusted me to 1630 and I'm down to 224 as of Sunday's weigh-in. Did you have MFP calculate your calories for losing 2lbs a week? Might want to try going for 1 instead.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Think of this like a financial budget. You have 1400 kcals/day to spend. How to spend these is up to you. The trick of this is to set up a routine that works for your life.

How much do you have to lose and what did you set for your rate of loss? Go slowly on this and ease into it.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight on 1630. Now, you're not mentioning your stats, so it's hard to be sure. I will say that I'm 5'3, started at 254 lbs, and was on 1710 when I started. After 10 lbs or so, MFP adjusted me to 1630 and I'm down to 224 as of Sunday's weigh-in. Did you have MFP calculate your calories for losing 2lbs a week? Might want to try going for 1 instead.

She mentioned she's 4'11" and looks close to ideal weight in her picture... The 1200 likely corresponds to between 0.5-1 lb/week (possibly closer to 0.5). 1400 net should be below maintenance (but probably less than 0.5 lb/wk).