Postgrad, trying to lose the college weight gain.

Options
Hi, I'm new to this website. I came across it while searching for 30 day shred results. I am 22 years old from PA, and I am a recent college graduate. I moved back home to start working on my second degree (this job market is tough!). I weighed about 120 lbs when I left for college and now weigh 150 lbs (according to the scale at my doctor's office). I know my diet while living away was unhealthy and am hoping if I can be motivated it will be easy to get back to my pre-college weight. I am planning on limiting my alchol consumption to one day per week and consuming about 1600 calories per day. I was thinking about starting 30 day shred next week when I return from vacation. Anyone had any success with the dvd or want to start around the same time for motivation and support?

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP. I just started the 30DS. I'm still on level 1. I really like it so far! Best wishes to you! :flowerforyou:
  • MsPatricia
    MsPatricia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! you'll love it here!

Join the Healthy Students Inc page on face-book too!

Daily tips and advise!
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh college and moving in w/ the parents... Too much food, too much alcohol, TOO MUCH! I am in the same boat, only I kept a pretty ok weight through my first 2.5 years and then quickly went downhill and up in weight. Best of luck on your journey, this place is great and has helped me so much! Feel free to friend me :flowerforyou:

xoxo
    Maggie
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    Welcome to MFP good luck on your weight loss goals. We are all here to support each other. If you wish you could add me as a friend also. I know how hard it can be to eat healthy when in college since most of us do not have time to stop especially if we have a job and kids. Good luck again
  • lauretta22
    lauretta22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me and wishing me luck! I feel really motivated today this time to actually make a change.
  • MissMaz
    MissMaz Posts: 92
    Options
    Well done on the undergrad work, I'm starting my postgrad as well. I've heard some great things on here about the 30 day shred so I'm sure you'll find loads of info. Feel free to add me too, I'm from PA but have been living in England for a handful of years now.

Good luck!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to a great site :smile:
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to a great site :smile: