Weight in: clothes or naked?

Options
So it's weigh in day tomorrow. I just hopped on the scale this morning with underwear and sports bra on as I always do. Then just now I decided to hop on after my shower. I was down 2 lbs. Do clothes really make that much of a difference? I guess I update my weight now cause naked can't lie lol

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The naked trick only works once.
  • ksmommy5
    ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

How so?
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ksmommy5 wrote: »

How so?

The first time you get credit for the lack of clothing, from then on you are comparing naked to naked.
  • ksmommy5
    ksmommy5 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    U2R2 wrote: »

How so?

The first time you get credit for the lack of clothing, from then on you are comparing naked to naked.

So the alternative is keeping weighing in the same outfit? Then you're weighing outfit to outfit.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I doubt a bra and underwear weigh 2 lbs. If your shower was hot and long you could have lost some water weight.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the gym. I wear shoes shorts and top. Plus have a small towel with me. The key is consistency. Dont go back and forth naked one week and clothes the next.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I think if the water is very warm people sweat in the shower without noticing it
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    So it's weigh in day tomorrow. I just hopped on the scale this morning with underwear and sports bra on as I always do. Then just now I decided to hop on after my shower. I was down 2 lbs. Do clothes really make that much of a difference? I guess I update my weight now cause naked can't lie lol

Always naked. And I've also tried putting clothes on and taking them back off during the same weighing session, and the weight actually varies. Guess we don't realize how big a load we're carrying with the clothes we wear all day long.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options

I'm actually surprised you're down at all - since your hair was likely wet & shoud have added some weight.

(But yes - weigh naked, since otherwise you're including the weight of the clothing.)
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I doubt a bra and underwear weigh 2 lbs.

This.

I've stepped on the scale, stepped off, stepped back on and had a pound difference. I chalk it up to the scale not an actual change in my weight in those few seconds.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    BRS11AU wrote: »
    I weigh naked first thing in the morning... right after peeing of course.

Yep. ^^That.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Naked.

Want to see some pics?

:wink:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Always naked - I step out of the shower and on to the scales!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I doubt a bra and underwear weigh 2 lbs. If your shower was hot and long you could have lost some water weight.

That, and if you happened to pee while in there.
    Naked.

Want to see some pics?

:wink:

200.gif
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I doubt a bra and underwear weigh 2 lbs.

This.

I've stepped on the scale, stepped off, stepped back on and had a pound difference. I chalk it up to the scale not an actual change in my weight in those few seconds.
    :laugh: yes, the scale HRM's aren't accurate, fitbits, machines at the gym, nothing is 100%, 100% of the time.
    Same with the food scales.. sometimes you turn back around and it's 2 grams different than when you just looked. :wink: