Best way to weigh yourself

Options
TripleA1328
TripleA1328 Posts: 9 Member
So I was wondering is it better to weigh yourself after you shower or before or does it even matter.

Replies

• LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Best thing is waking up, using the bathroom, stripping down and weighing. Some do once a week, some more often and some way less. I am a daily weigher (helps me not freak out when my TOM or ovulation is coming and the bloating/retention kicks my numbers up).
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Your lowest weight will be in the morning after peeing. Weigh yourself before you sleep for a detail stats how your weight fluctuates between night and day. I like to keep my morning and night weight by a difference no more than 3lbs.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I weigh before shower simply because I have long, thick hair that can hold upwards of a pound of water. Get up, pee, weigh, shower.
  • Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Weighing myself first thing is not for me. I tend to weigh less after I have woken up and been awake about 4 hours.... it's weird I know..... I'm a daily weigher too. I can weigh 3-5 pounds more in the morning when I first wake up.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning right after I pee and before I eat or drink anything. I also like to weigh at night before I go to bed to play the game of "how much will I weigh in the morning". I seem to lose three-ish pounds overnight.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning at the same time twice a week right after I use the toilet but before I eat, drink, shower or dress.
    As long as you are consistant as to conditions it probably will not make much of a difference.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    *kitten*, shower, shave, weigh in...I don't have any hair to get wet and weigh me down though.
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and evening I'm so intuned with it I know if it's gonna be as little as a pound up or down
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    On a scale
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    You'll need a duck to find out if you're made of wood.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I visualize what I want the scale to say. As an aide, I write the number in my mind down on a piece of tape. Then I stick it over the scale, and step on.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Firlt24 wrote: »
    So I was wondering is it better to weigh yourself after you shower or before or does it even matter.

Monthly on a Friday morning, nekkid.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I visualize what I want the scale to say. As an aide, I write the number in my mind down on a piece of tape. Then I stick it over the scale, and step on.
    ^^^^^ This! HAHAHA
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    On a scale, naked, first thing in the morning, after you've done your potty business, before you eat or drink anything. This will give you the most consistent and reliable numbers.
  • LHDad
    LHDad Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning and accept that as "my actual weight". Then I weigh myself an hour later using a different "photo" in my head and accept that as my actual "alternative" weight.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    it honestly makes NO difference what time you are weighing yourself or what you're wearing. just make sure you weigh at the same time and wear similar clothing (or none) every day you weigh.
  • Reinvented46
    Reinvented46 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    it honestly makes NO difference what time you are weighing yourself or what you're wearing. just make sure you weigh at the same time and wear similar clothing (or none) every day you weigh.

You just said it makes no difference :/
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    The same way you always do.