Looking for MFP Friends with GI Disorders for Mutual Support

Jem_Girl
Jem_Girl Posts: 102 Member
Hi,

I've been on MFP for a while, lost some weight but then became inactive. After going through a slew of medical tests last fall to determine if my IBS-A was actually one of any number of symptomatically similar issues (it wasn't), I was also diagnosed with idiopathic gastroparesis. I'm looking to find some MFP friends with GI motility disorders for mutual support of symptom management and, if it's your goal, weight management. For me that's weight loss and building muscle while finding a food management plan that will let me continue to avoid the meds my docs have offered. (Except for my GERD med which has vastly improved my life.) If you want to see if my interests and management style will mesh with yours, my blog is at zaftig.shatterling.com.

Thanks! I look forward to making some new friends who have a similar focus now that I've accepted I need to make lifestyle changes to be healthy and pain free without tons of meds. I still appreciate those friends that stuck with me when I disappeared!