I'm STUCK !!

So I am 5"7
Starting weight 184lbs
Current weight 180.6 lbs
But I had gotten down to 179lbs 2 weeks ago?
I don't understand how I'm heavier as I am eating extremely healthy! Working out at least 4 times a weeks sometimes twice a day. With the gym and boxercise. Even climbed a mountain!! So could it be muscle gain or what's up? Someone please help me out :s

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Your weight is never a number, always a range.
    The weight of the food you are digesting may be higher than it was last time you weighed yourself.
    You may be retaining water from excercise or TOM.

Extremely healthy eating is in reality making a lot of arbitrary effort for very little true reward. Instead, aim to get in sufficient nutrition, not too much of anything - logging and tracking is great for this - and eat food you like in a meal schedule in synch with your appetite and work/social life.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear. You will go up and down and that is natural. Just watch the over all trend.

There are so many reasons that your weight fluctuates. Hormones, TOM. Salty food, increased exercise, even cold weather and sleep patterns can effect it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    You mention eating "extremely healthy", but don't say if you're taking get the time to accurately log, weigh (solids) and measured (liquids) all your food.... Sticking to your calorie goal will have a bigger impact on weight than what you put in your mouth...
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,244 Member
    Eating healthy has nothing to do with weight loss. You can eat healthy and gain weight. You need to eat at a deficit to lose. That is you need to know exactly how many calories you are eating (using a digital food scale) and making sure it is less than you burn (by living plus exercise). If you put your stats in MFP it will tell you how much to eat. What you eat is unimportant.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    When I climbed a mountain I gained 6lb. Water weight is a real thing. Don't panic and give it time.
  • Annaxlisex
    Annaxlisex Posts: 27 Member
    Hey guys for those asking I am eating at a deficit 1260 calories pd.
    Still not down to 179 but I am back to 180 thankfully thanks for all your suggestions and helpful information