Will only eating cereal for dinner make me lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    yes, yes you will.
  • cassandraallegre
    Options
    Is this topic serious?
    That's what I was thinking... In the words of David after dentist: Is this real life??
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Grain is not people food.

i agree with your view but i think people can eat what they like if someone wants to eat cereal for dinner go ahead and do it! I am sure your body dont care if it gets carbs at 8pm or 8am :smile: now if you only live of cereal i be concerned
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It's fine to have cereal if it fits your calories and macros. I love cereal but I rarely buy it, because the serving size is so small. I seriously doubt that one serving will keep you full until morning, and if you eat 2 or more servings you might as well have just had a regular dinner, in terms of calories.

As for carbs at night, try this:

http://iifym.com/carbs-at-night/
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    BORING!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds like a horrifyingly boring meal to me, but have at it. I'd at least throw some fruit in that bowl for some flavor and a more rounded meal. Eating plain cereal makes me so hungry later.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner is my favorite thing in the world. I'm a cereal freak. I love my high fiber cereals. Probably once a week, I'll have a bowl of cereal and some scrambled eggs for dinner. It makes me happy. It certainly doesn't *make* me lose weight though. That's up to me. If my day has the right combination of remaining macros for a breakfast-for-dinner meal, I'll happily do it. If not, I eat something else.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner is my favorite thing in the world. I'm a cereal freak. I love my high fiber cereals. Probably once a week, I'll have a bowl of cereal and some scrambled eggs for dinner. It makes me happy. It certainly doesn't *make* me lose weight though. That's up to me. If my day has the right combination of remaining macros for a breakfast-for-dinner meal, I'll happily do it. If not, I eat something else.

This is a good idea. Maybe try cereal plus some eggs or some other protein.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Cereal won't contribute to weight loss as it is a carbohydrate. you'd be better off with protein. if you're trying to lose FAT and gain or retain muscle, steer clear of cereals, special K or otherwise.Grain is not people food.

FEyeMSU.gif
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    This has to be a troll, but oh well.

If you eat at a deficit, you'll lose weight. If you don't you won't.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    if you like cereal for dinner....eat cereal for dinner. Stay within your macros...make sure you're getting enough nutrient rich foods, but eat what you enjoy eating. Silly question.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Is this a troll?
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    Cereal won't contribute to weight loss as it is a carbohydrate. you'd be better off with protein. if you're trying to lose FAT and gain or retain muscle, steer clear of cereals, special K or otherwise. Grain is not people food.

You can't lose weight eating carbohydrates???? Well now you tell me.......... AlI this time wasted........ :drinker:

UR doing it wrong
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    NO.

Bacon will though

I love you
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

Bismillah no!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I snort my cereal for dinner (its protein powder I swear honest)
    929ow_zps1f6baa41.gif
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Only if it's Special K.

The tv told me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: