Help needed please!

Options
Hi all, I've been using MFP and eating 1200 calories a day, mostly going under that but the scales are not budging! I'm 5ft 6 and weigh 12st 12. Started at 13st 6 and lost 5 pounds with SW. Now doing calorie counting and only lost 2 pounds! I'm stressing as I used to diet and lose weight so quickly. I feel saggy too! I'm 35 and lost 2 stone easily 4 years ago. I put it back on and now struggling! The scales won't budge under 12 12! :( please help me to see where I'm going wrong? Thank you so much!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? You'd lost 2 lbs so that's not nothing. How's your logging? Are you using your food scale for all solids and measuring cups/spoons for all liquids? Using the recipe builder? Using accurate entries? Accurately calculating exercise calories?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I'm hardly an expert (this is my 95th day on MFP), but something might jump out at me if I see your journal. 2 lbs a week is a great weight loss! More than that isn't healthy (though early on, if you're heavy, you might have bigger losses and it's no reason to worry. It usually levels off.) You should be shooting for 1-2 lbs/week.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you switched to counting calories? How long has it been since you lost those two pounds?
  • loseweightkate1
    loseweightkate1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it? You'd lost 2 lbs so that's not nothing. How's your logging? Are you using your food scale for all solids and measuring cups/spoons for all liquids? Using the recipe builder? Using accurate entries? Accurately calculating exercise calories?

I haven't been measuring so maybe that's where I'm going wrong? :/ going to try that! Thank you so much!
  • loseweightkate1
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I'm hardly an expert (this is my 95th day on MFP), but something might jump out at me if I see your journal. 2 lbs a week is a great weight loss! More than that isn't healthy (though early on, if you're heavy, you might have bigger losses and it's no reason to worry. It usually levels off.) You should be shooting for 1-2 lbs/week.

Thank you. Just seen this and will accept your friend request! It's so damn hard! Desperate to get back to my ideal weight :(
  • loseweightkate1
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    How long has it been since you switched to counting calories? How long has it been since you lost those two pounds?

I keep going up and down. Been dieting for about 6 weeks now. I've definitely lost but now steady again. Time of the month doesn't help! Just don't seem to be dropping anymore! Thank you so much
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    tlcnlg6bx31q.jpg
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

I haven't been measuring so maybe that's where I'm going wrong? :/ going to try that! Thank you so much!

This almost certainly means you've been eating more than you think. Particularly if you're aiming for the low end of your possible calorie goals. (MFP will never assign you less than 1200 cal if you're a woman.)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I keep going up and down. Been dieting for about 6 weeks now. I've definitely lost but now steady again. Time of the month doesn't help! Just don't seem to be dropping anymore! Thank you so much

It's perfectly natural to go up and down. Doubly so if you're a woman.

Some people use a weight logging app that evens out the ups and downs and shows you the longer term trend.

This is a normal month for me from my daily weight log in Happy Scale.

878C3ED6-22D4-44A6-8466-685189D77ED7.png_zpsc614zbc9.jpeg