Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how long did it take

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    I mean, from where I was, I saw 4lbs this week.. to me that's like nothing on the scale, but I guess it is something... and I can run a mile now without stopping so I guess those are my small victories for now.

Excellent progress with the running nsv! I definitely wouldn't use the scales as your only guide. Take measurements, & keep in mind in the first month you may even see a weight increase on the scales! Sometimes when you start a new exercise routine the fluid builds around the joints to protect them. Don't get fixated on the scales :wink:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I mean, from where I was, I saw 4lbs this week.. to me that's like nothing on the scale, but I guess it is something... and I can run a mile now without stopping so I guess those are my small victories for now.

You don't understand the science behind this....4 Lbs in a week would be mostly water, not fat...'cuz science. It's pretty much impossible to lose more than 2 Lbs of actual fat in a week...

Your expectations are silly.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    A week? Really. No. It took me two months to start visibly seeing changes. A week? Come on!
  • Well it's gonna take a lot longer than a week to see any changes thats for sure...
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    I don't know what everyone is talking about. It took me 3 days to start seeing results, both in how I felt and on the scale. I went from a very unhealthy lifestyle to eating plant-based foods exclusively. I don't believe that going on a diet works long-term, and I think that the standard American diet and lifestyle are both very unhealthy. I believe that it takes a new and different lifestyle to affect real change.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member

4 pounds is a LOT in a week! You really should shoot for 1-2 pounds max. Slow and steady is the best way to do weight loss. It sucks to wait on it but the long term results will be better if you can be patient.

If she's just starting and/or is heavy it is normal. Usually the first week loss is mostly water weight if you've changed your eating habit. The first week I started I lost 8 pounds. That was the only time it happened and now I usually lose about 2-2.5 pounds a week.

Anyway patience is key is this journey. Keep at it and you will see results :smile: A week is a very short time, you can't expect to be a transformed grl over that period or time. Depending on the amount you need to lose it could take over a year....

I think I started to notice some change ( looking in the mirror, not actual scale) once I hit the 30-35 pounds. I still have a lot to go but I don't give up. I'll get there.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Two or three weeks
  • iara333
    iara333 Posts: 18
    My scales showed a loss from day one but it's taken a month and 5kg to see/feel even the tiniest difference. I felt huge today but my gym buddy said my thighs were smaller. Just depends how things work in your mind!
  • Karenlynnpierce
    Karenlynnpierce Posts: 4 Member
    consistency is key. I use to weigh over 200 pounds and the first 30 came off in 2 months that was 4 years ago. Now here I am again at 167 and it is just a slow process sometimes.
  • Karenlynnpierce
    Karenlynnpierce Posts: 4 Member
    Very true, I cut out fast food, soda and sweets and I never felt better.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Like 3 months
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    My one year is coming up around August 27th (I believe) ...I definitely didn't see results right away so don't give up, you will get there.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    I didn't notice mines the 1st couple of months, it took me almost 4 months before I seen anything
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    different for everybody. check out success threads for people's individual stories.

they key thing is to really commit. that change comes instantaneously.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    A week? Was that a typo? I know it's frustrating but a week is nothing. It takes time and determination. Just keep at it and you WILL see and feel the results.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    I unofficially started MFP in June ( I never logged ) and I hit 8 stone last Thursday. So it was about 4 weeks and 7lbs loss straight away.

I haven't moved from 8 stone on the scale since the 11th July. But I now fit into the jeans I couldn't get past my thighs on that very day!

So remember the scales aren't 100% reliable. Water weight, muscle mass, change!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Been at this since November 2010.....

What was the question?
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    I started see changes within a few weeks. After 7 - 10 pounds my clothes started fitting better. At 18 pounds, I see it and so do others. In May, I hit a plateau. I realized that I was eating too much of my exercise calories. When I eat half or less of them' drink 8 to glasses of water and workout 5 days a week the pounds come off. If you don't have a full length mirror, get one. You see the difference better from a full length mirror or the 3 sided mirrors in a dressing room.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    I don't seem to have lost a great deal of weight if I go by what the scales say. Apparently I've only lost 4lbs but I seem to have toned up an awful lot. I've got from a (UK) size 22 to a size 14.

It took me about a month to start noticing serious results and it has taken me about 8 - 9 months to drop the clothes sizes
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    It took me about two months to see progress.