For the guys on MFP: is this his way of jokingly flirting or just chit chat

Options
dniania
dniania Posts: 251 Member
Let me start this post by saying I'm not interested in any of my coworkers I am currently seeing someone but I would like to know the answer to this :

I work with this guy named James who talks to me some times not all of the time ..today we worked together just me and him ... and he asked me when was my 21st birthday and I told him it's coming up in August and he said
"if you ever want someone to smoke or drink with them I'm your guy" he said I like to turn up and I laughed and said I'll keep that in mind... a few hours later James went to the bathroom and my team leader moved me to the other side of the warehouse so once we went to break James walked up beside me and said "so you just left me at this side of the warehouse by myself "?
I said "our team leader moved me to help out with the other side And he said "how are we gonna make this relationship work if you leave and don't tell me when or where you going" and he said we"re supposed to be like this (he pushed his hands together ) and I said we are like that And then he said how are we going to have a glass and you don't tell me when to put the water and ice in I laughed because I was confused and walked to break
Once I came back from break I walked past him and he asked me "where are you going now?" I said I'm going back to the side of the warehouse I was moved to " and he said "I was about to talk to you and I said I gotta go" then he smiled rolled his eyes and said bye

He does flirt with me sometimes and take stuff off of my work desk

Replies

• JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused.
  • dniania
    Options
    I'm so confused.

About what
  • dniania
    Options
    Hi, I am not one of the men on MFP. I am a 49 year old mom and grandmother. After reading your post I can't help but let you know that if I were in your position, the next time he approached me I would say, "Stop, before you say another word," and I would hold up my phone, "I am going to record every word you say. I have had enough. You are freaking me out so please leave me alone. Another word and I am going to file harassment charges AND, if you decide to get upset and try something anywhere at anytime because you are angry, just a word of advice, I am always packing!" Then I would walk away and avoid him at all cost. Especially in the parking lot, especially if it is at night. Be smart.

Thanks hun
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm not quite sure how to interpret your question: I can't tell if your asking for our opinion on if (a) he likes you or (b) you should be concerned about his behavior.

The guy sounds clingy, possessive and somewhat obsessed with you at the moment. If you're accurately reporting what he's saying to you then it may be he's socially awkward (not a creep per se) and is having a hard time coming right out to ask you on a date. it may be harmless (again, he might just be socially inept and isn't sure how to behave around you) but his inability to have a normal conversation with you - coupled with his lack of impulse control in having to follow you & keep track of where you are - are signs that he'll be a major headache to deal with.

Interestingly enough, you didn't mention at all whether or not you like him. You started your post by making it clear that you're already seeing someone, which indicates to me you have feelings for "James". Whether you do or you don't, something isn't right with this relationship you have with him, and I'd keep my distance. If his behavior intensifies Id seriously consider talking to HR.
  • dniania
    edited February 2017
    Options
    EZDUZIT68 wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure how to interpret your question: I can't tell if your asking for our opinion on if (a) he likes you or (b) you should be concerned about his behavior.

The guy sounds clingy, possessive and somewhat obsessed with you at the moment. If you're accurately reporting what he's saying to you then it may be he's socially awkward (not a creep per se) and is having a hard time coming right out to ask you on a date. it may be harmless (again, he might just be socially inept and isn't sure how to behave around you) but his inability to have a normal conversation with you - coupled with his lack of impulse control in having to follow you & keep track of where you are - are signs that he'll be a major headache to deal with.

Interestingly enough, you didn't mention at all whether or not you like him. You started your post by making it clear that you're already seeing someone, which indicates to me you have feelings for "James". Whether you do or you don't, something isn't right with this relationship you have with him, and I'd keep my distance. If his behavior intensifies Id seriously consider talking to HR.

The first sentence of my post says "I'm not interested in any of my coworkers " I don't like him the way he acts just throws me off
  • dniania
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    How do you feel about small talk at the gym ??

I don't talk to anyone at the gym sadly
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm confused because the second poster made it seem like he was stalking you. Is that your concern? Or are you asking if he's flirting?
  • dniania
    Options
    I'm confused because the second poster made it seem like he was stalking you. Is that your concern? Or are you asking if he's flirting?

More of a "is he flirting" so I can put an end to it ... I have my eyes on someone I'm dating :) and I don't want him to get the wrong idea
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ok - but you might have a bigger problem on your hands than simply putting an end to some unwanted flirtation. Just be careful with "James"...
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    He's jokingly flirting to see if you'll take the bait.
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I see it as playful flirting. As someone who enjoys a good flirting opportunity, I wouldn't be too concerned. It sounds just playful to me. You might want to drop a hint you are seeing someone so he knows it's just playful fun.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dniania wrote: »
    Hi, I am not one of the men on MFP. I am a 49 year old mom and grandmother. After reading your post I can't help but let you know that if I were in your position, the next time he approached me I would say, "Stop, before you say another word," and I would hold up my phone, "I am going to record every word you say. I have had enough. You are freaking me out so please leave me alone. Another word and I am going to file harassment charges AND, if you decide to get upset and try something anywhere at anytime because you are angry, just a word of advice, I am always packing!" Then I would walk away and avoid him at all cost. Especially in the parking lot, especially if it is at night. Be smart.

Thanks hun

no
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dniania wrote: »

More of a "is he flirting" so I can put an end to it ... I have my eyes on someone I'm dating :) and I don't want him to get the wrong idea

yes, he's flirting....

next time you're chatting just drop into conversation that you're seeing someone.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know why you two are not married already