Thread for finding Encouragement & Motivation Partners! :)

Hi all! Let's motivate and encourage each other to make nourishing choices and work out.

Please include your height and how much weight you're aiming to lose, and a bit more about yourself.

Me:
- 5'9", looking to lose 30 lbs
- Female
- 24 years old, Canadian

I've recently gained a bunch of weight after beginning to work night shifts 6 months ago, and am looking to lose these 30 lbs again & to tone up, gain muscle & endurance.

Would LOVE a couple friends (or more) to message throughout the day, i.e. ideally through something like Facebook messenger, and to motivate and encourage each other to make nourishing and healthy choices & to support each other.

Thanks! :)

Nicco

Replies

• KatyBell164
    KatyBell164 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm Katy! Stay at home mom of two little ones both under 3. I'm 5'11 and I've lost my first 15 pounds! Currently sitting at 194 - looking to get to 164 (hence the name) - I do kettlebell workouts and Zumba in my living room and once the weather warms up I will be training for a 5k
  • aki619
    aki619 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi! My name is Abby, and I could definitely use some motivation. I'm in the Army Reserves, and it seems that every time I go on a break from Active Duty, I gain a ton of weight. I came off of Active Duty in October, was bombarded by the holiday season, and then came back on to Active Duty, about 20 pounds overweight. I'm 5'3 and at around 160 right now, not sure what my body fat content is. I'd like to get down to 140, and 28% body fat. My previous unit held organized physical training sessions, which really helped me stay fit, but my new one does not. I hate working out, but I do it because I have to. I am also considering trying to run a 5K, but I've had a string of injuries over the last year, so once it gets warmer, we will see how that goes!
  • Dsnelz
    Dsnelz Posts: 27 Member
    Hey ladies :) my name is Danielle I'm 5ft 9, and 27 tomorrow! My goal is to lose 80lbs. I'm 22lbs down from when I started 6 weeks ago so only 58lbs to go! Changing my eating is really what has helped me lose the weight. Doc says I was pre diabetic so I had to get my act together!

Not quite sure how to add people on here but feel free to add me! I could use a few more buddies!