Let's slowly begin a healthier chapter in our lives together.

Options
Hi, my name is Nick Weymiens. I'm a 27-year old Belgian, living in Brussels with my Korean partner. We have nice life together and my body shows that we have been living the good life.

However, recently I started thinking about my weight and everything bad that can come my way if I don't change my ways soon. I don't want to end up with those kind of things and besides living healthy has many more perks than just health: you feel better, get more energy and you get to wear nicer clothes! Time for change.

So I decided to completely change how I eat and live by slowly starting to work on a healthy meal plan (finally got an entire week planned out at around 1800 calories) and exercises (6 days a week at 45 minutes each). I hope by doing this and keep doing this I will slowly turn around my life and who knows maybe I'll see my belly disappear by the end of 2017!

Anyone with the same hopes, dreams and plans; I am your biggest supporter! Together we can do this.

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    That's awesome :smile: Make sure you add your workout calories to your total. You've done more than 50% of the task just by setting yourself this goal. Just gotta stick with it now!
  • nkweymiens
    nkweymiens Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    Make sure you add your workout calories to your total.

Haha, luckily I won't need to do that anymore by hand. Polar has recently added MFP support for all its Polar Flow users so anything I track of exercise using my Polar device will be pushed to MFP automatically. At least it should, haha.

Been going on walks of 5 km for the past few days. Seems like nothing, but I'm seriously out of shape and Brussels has some hills so, it still gets the blood pumping. Thanks for the support!

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    5 k walks are awesome, and don't let anyone else say otherwise. Only person that can say that will probably be you, once you get a stronger cardio level. You know the saying, every journey starts with a single step, you ll get there with the right mind set.
    The first time I got on a treadmill after a long time, I couldn't run 1k straight. I felt embarrassed to be honest. Now I run 10k a day (with occasional heavy weight lifting day breaks), and actually enjoy it.