Feel hopeless

Options
2»

Replies

• whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Wow! i really couldnt have asked for a better support group. just when Im feeling down, you all, people i dont even know, come out and support me, I am so greatful for all of your tips, and i will be really trying hard this week to plan all of my meals and to maintain my exercise. it also happens that after i posted this, i kicked myself in the *kitten* and went to the gym, and burned approximately 578 calories doing cardio, (according to the machine), so i feel a little bit better about my day. I will definitely just forget about today, but also remember to keep track and to stick with what i had planned to eat during the day. it seems that at work i end up munching on other things that were not planned and thats where my calories add up! but anyhow, i have to get to bed, but thank you all for the great advice and support!

You are all so inspiring!

Mel

You go girl! That's the best way to combat those negative feelings. I've become a workout junkie. I feel so POWERFUL after a hard workout. So much better than sitting on the couch staring at the cupboards filled with things I shouldn't be eating! One more thought is to get a heart rate monitor. Mine cost about $100 at a sporting goods store. Not cheap, but it's so worth it. Then you don't have to depend on the machines to tell you your calories. I also find that group exercise classes keep me moving more than I would on my own. Try kickboxing, Zumba, a spin class, or step aerobics...anything that sounds interesting. And don't be intimidated to go. There are always new people and still others who don't really know what they're doing! :smile:

I'm in the 20 in 20 group on the Motivation and Support board. Feel free to join! We're on week 4 now and we are all shooting to lose at least 20 lbs in 20 weeks.

Keep up the good work!