Where did you find your motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'm not motivated; I am disciplined. The difference in compliance is huge.

Definitely. There are many days I'm not motivated to train or eat within my allowance. But I do it anyway. I find having a goal (with a specific end date) keeps me more satisfied with being compliant - at the moment it's a comp in may. I also have a coach who does my skinfolds and measurements- being accountable to her makes a difference too, I don't want to waste her time by slacking off!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure.. part habit, part vanity, part determination. Once those results come.. it pretty much becomes an obsession :p

For example..I am not a morning workout type, I usually workout while baby naps during the day. So despite being up every few hours last night (nursing baby) I got up early and hit the weights while the kids were asleep since I couldn't get my workout in during the day. I was exhausted.. but pushed through because, I had to.
  • witchyitchyaya
    witchyitchyaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hate the way i feel. I feel like this body isn't mine. Also...to get quality dates in the future! I have petty reasons too. I just want to feel good about myself and become the goddess i am!
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I hate myself and thrive on the compliments of other people.
  • HMHolder001
    HMHolder001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My good friend and her husband started doing Crossfit at a local gym, and she'd tell me about it, and id just say, oh I wish I could be active. one day, I decided to get on the scale and just see where I was. I knew I was bigger but when I saw my weight, I freaked out. I was the heaviest I had ever been in my life. My parents both have health issues due to poor eating habits and no exercise habits and I told myself I was already headed down that road. At 25, I'm working hard to build healthy exercise and eating habits that I can take throughout my life. I don't want to have their issues in my 30s, nor when I get to their age (they aren't even in their late 60s yet). My true life goal is to live to 100. So if I don't start Now, I'm not gonna get there... I have trouble keeping up motivation, but I use #figtingmyself BC truly my biggest opponent in this is myself.
  • ludazatobom
    ludazatobom Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I want my life back. I want to love me again. Im sick of feeling ugly and fat. That's what's pushing me.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    For me it's because I will be 50 in a few years. I want to be healthy. I want to be strong. I want to live a long life. I want to look good naked again.
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Realizing I was a 31 year old that felt much older due to aches and pains. Everyday after work I would come home and instantly sit down because my knees and/or ankles would be so sore. I finally came to the realization that the aches and pains I was experiencing were caused by the lifestyle I chose to live. How crazy is that? So far, it's been the motivation I needed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I started 4 years ago because I was just tired of being fat and stuffing my face.

Now I don't want to get fat again. Honestly that alone motivates me to get moving, but I also love walking, and going to the gym relaxes me (treadmill or elliptical typically while watching TV shows too). If it's nice out, and I don't have to watch my kids, I'll always go for a walk. I gave up on all other kinds of exercises years ago (I still do 3 sets of push ups 5 days a week!).

But really... I just don't want to get fat again and having to buy new clothes.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm 65, bad knees, one will need a total replacement ..took a selfie, said who the h... is that old hag. Callous' on feet, though some of it is from old injuries...husband has trouble with heart, breathing, he is also obese. Not being able wear "pretty clothes" feeling stuffed...I could go on. I decided I want my life back, I want to work in my yard again, mow my own grass and just enjoy life until 100. That is my goal. I know I will have to log each day what foods I eat so that I don't gain the weight back.