Having trouble eating

Options
Hi I was wondering if anyone had any advice for eating I am doing really well at the going to the gym and pushing myself with workouts but I'm having issues with the healthy eating and really eating at all like it's like every time I try to eat all I can think about is the calories and how much time I'm putting into working out and then eating making it all go away even if it's just a fruit bowl then I'm just forcing myself eat sometimes because I've barley ate that day so if anyone is having issues like mine or any advice please let me no I could really use it

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    One of the great benefits of working out while losing weight is all of the extra calories you get to eat. And practically speaking, our bodies require extra calories to fuel our workouts.

Being constantly worried that eating will erase all the hard work you're putting in at the gym is a bit concerning, to be honest. It signals, to me anyway, that you may be developing an unhealthy relationship with food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Have a couple of days without logging....

If you struggle with that it may be worth speaking to someone about your relationship with feed as it doesn't sounds very healthy
  • arobey11
    arobey11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to make a shift in how you think about food. Food is fuel, and is necessary to fuel those workouts. If you don't eat to fuel your workouts, along with your daily living needs, then you're going to be not only undoing the good you're doing at the gym, but also causing yourself wayyyyyy more issues than if you were to eat all the calories MFP allots you (which is the healthy way to go about losing weight!).

If you find it difficult to think of food differently, rather than being the enemy (which, I mean, you wouldn't think of gas as the enemy of your car, or electricity as the enemy of your TV, right? That doesn't make sense!), then I would advise you to seek therapy. You should be able to eat food rather than vilify it.

Good luck! :)
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Food is fuel. Can't drive a car without gas. You need to give your body energy for those workouts. If you feel guilty, just try to eat lots of fruits veggies, lean meats, healthy fats and carbs. But you gotta eat. As CafeRacer said, if you start now developing an unhealthy relationship with food, it's going to make things really hard on-going. Food isn't the enemy. And in fact, if done properly as was mentioned, you actually get an allowance to eat a decent amount. Embrace it. Stick close to your target calories and it's all good.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Try prelogging and see all the food you need to eat to hit "0".
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way...if you don't properly fuel your body, you won't be able to sustain and progress in your workouts. You wouldn't ask your car to run without gas, but you're asking your body to run without food. Preplan and prelog a couple of days of meals that are nutritionally balanced (carbs, protein, fat) and within your MFP calorie goals. Continue doing this for a couple of weeks while exercising and you'll gain confidence as you watch it work.