Repurpose Protein Powder Containers?

Options
lkokot
lkokot Posts: 80 Member
I was just wondering what some of you done to repurpose protein powder containers? I need some ideas sine they are stocking up and there has to be a way to do something else with them other than just throwing them out.

Replies

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    They become disposable trash cans. When my husband is done with one I use it for trash until it's full then toss the thing.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I just recycle them. Best repurposing ever. :)
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I recycle them..
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I usually recycle them, but use them for storage on occasion just like any other used plastic container. For example, I have 1 sitting next to my dryer to put lint in whenever I clean out the lint trap. When I go hiking, I grab a clump of lint to throw in a plastic bag for fire starter if needed. I can't remember the last time I actually started a fire when backpacking, but good to be prepared in the event of emergency.
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Use them in the garage.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    Pack survival supplies and food in them and bury them in your yard.

But don't pack your shovel. ;)
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So far it seems most just throw them out; I was hoping for some creative ideas.
  • IllinoisSpartan
    IllinoisSpartan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have this issue since my protein powder comes in a pouch bag. :smiley:
  • DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Same as Vikinglander - pack some emergency food in there and store them in a cupboard ready for the Zombie Apocalypse!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    we have one we use for spare change.the others hubby has in his garage for nuts,bolts,nails,etc and he can take the label off and write on the container with whats inside.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    lkokot wrote: »
    So far it seems most just throw them out; I was hoping for some creative ideas.
    -Bongo drums

-Floatation device

That's all I got. B)

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I just washed one out and Im going to put the dogs bones in them
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I imagine there are a ton of kitchen-related uses for them. I'm currently using one to hold 5 lbs of citric acid, which I add to my dishwasher because I live in an area with very hard water. I'm using another to hold 5 lbs of lye, which I use both for soap and pretzel making. I suppose you could also use them for things like flour and sugar storage.

But mostly, I just recycle them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    We have recycling bins in our city, so I just toss them along with other recyclables that I can't get money for. I actually take my aluminum cans and plastic bottles to a recycle center every couple of months and make back about $30.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

Did you strip all the dog meat off those bones first??
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't have any clever ideas off the top of my head, but if I were looking for ideas, I'd search Pinterest and YouTube.
  • lost_work7
    lost_work7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I actually used to save them for halloween so that I could use them for dead bodies.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Gosh - it kinda depends on where your interests stear you ...

If you are a cook or a baker ... use them for bulk storage for baking flours, sugars, etc. And, if you give home prepared foods out as gifts, pant and/or decorate the containers and use as the gift box. ... shucks, you can probably use them as gift boxes for other kinds of stuff as well.

If you are a gardener ... use some as plant pots, just drill holes in the bottom for water to flow out. Or for storage of miscellaneous gardening supplies, implements. Or as a kitchen compost bin addition collector.
    SIfthese are just a couple of ideas based on my interests.

Have you though about filling them with sand and sealing them up to use as hand held weights? Most of the protein powder tubs I've seen have some sort of easy grip on their sides ... if you are a bit handy, you could probably engineer some sort of hand hold to use them as dumbbells.

How about using some of them to store your manly personal grooming products?

You could build a totem pole out of them, and paint garish faces of some species on them, or whatever pleases.

Since they must be food-grade plastic, you could probably use them to store items in your fridge.

Put 2 or 3 or them together side by side and connect them to one another in some way, and put a loop handle on them to create a work bucket to carry stuff around in.

Decorate, put ice in it to make an ice bucket.

.... get the idea?

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Did you strip all the dog meat off those bones first??

umm not those kind of bones. the ones in packages, milk bones.