To open the Windows or to Not open the Windows?

Options
SammyLynn010
SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
So--my AC in my house is broken...again. It broke almost 2 months ago and boy is it HOTTER now than it was in May. I am wondering if I should open the windows tonight and sleep with them open or if I should just manage without them open...

I got SOOO sick last time--I had a sore throat for WEEKS... I would sooo rather not do that, but if it will cool the house off I can do it...

What do you all recommend?

thanks!

(I know--totally off topic of weightloss! lol)

Replies

• ieatstickers
    ieatstickers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Definitely do it. I have AC but I always open my windows in the evening to cut down my bill. And just bundle up at night ( put an extra blanket or wear warm jammies ) that way you don't catch another cold. Drinking hot tea or coffee helps, too. :)
  • TaraArriola
    Options
    Since it is hotter than last time, you might not react the same way. I would open the windows, sleeping with the windows close could cause so many more problems.
  • myhrmiswrong
    myhrmiswrong Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Move to the Colorado mountains! Overnight low here was 29! Coldest 4th since 1972. :laugh: :laugh: We froze our butts off watching the fireworks over Lake Dillon.
  • SammyLynn010
    Options
    Thanks for the advice--I really don't want to get sick again, and I really don't want to burn up either! lol

Oh my--I soooo hate this. I hope they can fix it soon!
  • tearianna
    tearianna Posts: 7
    Options
    I open windows around the house at night to cool it off and cut back on the A/C bill. I just leave the ones in the bedrooms closed, so that the kiddos don't get too cold. As long as you don't have the cool air open directly on you as you sleep, you probably won't get sick. Plus, how cold is it supposed to get tonight? I think we're only going down into the 70s in our area ... that's still TOO DARN HOT!! :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    At our lake house (where we do not have AC) we always open the windows when the sun goes down and close them up in the morning to keep the house cool. Never got sick!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    As soon as it is cool we open up the house and leave the windows open all night. We close the windows and the window coverings early in the morning. Our house stays cool until late afternoon (3:00ish) so only a few hours of misery. Works great for us. If you have a sore throat maybe you can open all of the windows but the ones in your room or the one near your bed.
  • SammyLynn010
    Options
    They are open now--note I will close them in the morning!!

THANKS SOOO MUCH!