• FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Are you doing low carb?

Or low caloric intake in general?
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Any diet change taking in less food (and different, healthier foods) will have that affect - your metabolism is changing and your stomach is churning looking for food that isn't there anymore.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    When you're on a very low cal or very low carb diet, the liver produces chemicals called ketones. It's an alternative pathway for energy production. The ketone you've probably run into in the past is acetone, which is in nail polish. That's probably what you're tasting. But ketosis can also happen if you're diabetic and not getting enough insulin. If it were me, I'd make a trip to the doctor to make sure everything's OK.
  • sherylski2015
    sherylski2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh I know that taste.....since cutting out sugar and lower my carbs....cutting calories
  • duniaamen
    duniaamen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes lower carbs, lower calories and little sugar
  • duniaamen
    duniaamen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone !
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    It's from the ketosis...
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Are you doing low carb?

Yes it's normal for your body to start detoxing when you switch diets. But when people are doing keto this is a more common symptom.

I don't think the word detoxing means what you think it means.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    If you're doing low carb, it's ketones. And it also gives you bad breath.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tapwaters
    Options
    tapwaters wrote: »
    Are you doing low carb?

Yes it's normal for your body to start detoxing when you switch diets. But when people are doing keto this is a more common symptom.

And because you assumed it, you must be right.

I'm not assuming it, you're using the word detox in the pseudoscience way that means nothing physiologically. Your kidneys and liver detox all day every day, there is no special "detoxing" that happens when you change your diet, lose weight, buy into some "whollistic detox," which is nothing more than snake oil.
  • Hipstermomof2_fitby40_2019
    Options
    Are you doing low carb?

I'm not assuming it, you're using the word detox in the pseudoscience way that means nothing physiologically. Your kidneys and liver detox all day every day, there is no special "detoxing" that happens when you change your diet, lose weight, buy into some "whollistic detox," which is nothing more than snake oil.

Your body has to detox from all the garbage you've been feeding it. A clease, a flush, a reset. All the same thing, smarty pants lol
  • Hipstermomof2_fitby40_2019
    Options
    Are you doing low carb?

My point being... this is not an English class, this is a chat board. Loosen up a little girl! :smiley:
  • tapwaters
    Options

Your body has to detox from all the garbage you've been feeding it. A clease, a flush, a reset. All the same thing, smarty pants lol

No. What you're saying is scientifically inaccurate and not at all what your body needs or does. It is the same thing because none of that is reality.

Your body is detoxing all the time, every day. It needs no "flush" or "reset." Anything that tells you it does is selling you something. Just say no to snake oil.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I find artificially sweeters leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, when doing keto I noticed this in the beginning.