19 year old guy losing weight?

Options
seashellbabe
seashellbabe Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone!! :) So during my sophomore year of high school, I used myfitnesspal to lose over 90 pounds because I was VERY overweight. I'm now at 155 pounds and I'm 5' 11". I feel and look my best around 140, so I wanted to lose 15 more pounds. My question for everyone is if the plan I have looks good? When I originally lost weight, I did so by eating VERY little and my life was miserable. I was wondering if 1400 calories a day sounds like a good goal, or if I should up or down my calorie goal. I am sedentary except for my retail job, walking my dogs, and occasionally dancing. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and I'd love to make some new friends within this community!! :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    1500 is the minimum intake for a male, and being that you're young and don't have much to lose, you should be eating way more than that.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    First, I agree with the above...1400 is too too low for men and MFP will bottom out at 1500.

If your retail job has you standing all day, then you'd be considered "lightly active" by MFP's standards. And since you're already in a normal BMI range, I would set your weekly loss goal to .5lb/week.
  • 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey brother. I'm in your age group and I'd say somewhere around 2,000 calories a day. Maybe a little less, maybe a little more. I don't actually count calories at this point but my MFP goal was around 2,300.
  • kaboom987
    kaboom987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 22 so kinda close to you!
    I'm looking to lose roughly 15 pounds and I'm eating 1500 calories a day (not counting extra exercise calories).