Calorie Counting Confusion

Options
if you eat more than your calorie goal in one day can you make up the deficiency in the same week by eating less?

Replies

• eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Yes. If it's easier for you, then you can look at your calories goals not necessarily as daily goals but weekly goals. A lot of us do that. For example, I keep my calories 100-300 under goal M-F because on the weekends I tend to eat more and it's more difficult to know exactly how many calories are in something I'm eating at a restaurant.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yes, i always eat less Monday -Thursday so that i can eat more at the weekend. look at your weekly goal.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    8us2nw4bqqfg.png

If you use the phone app, it lets you see your weekly calories and average under "Nutrition". That's how I keep up with mine. :smile:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Technically, there are excess calories that people consumed years ago that they are only now making up for, but in the meantime they carried that extra food around as fat. For weekly weight loss, it isn't going to make much difference. If you are eating for another reason then the difference could be significant.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    yes, i always eat less Monday -Thursday so that i can eat more at the weekend. look at your weekly goal.

I do this too.

I eat at maintenance on the weekends.....it just keeps me more consistent.