Peloton Riders ...

Options
I've never been much of a bike rider, but I took the plunge and purchased a Peloton on Jan 1 to help me lose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday in September. It is absolutely the best piece of fitness equipment I have ever purchased. It's super-fun, with a community of like-minded individuals to keep you motivated, and it makes me sweat like I haven't sweated since I was in the Army 30 years ago. And, on that note, one too many hard landings ruined my lower legs and makes it painful for me to run. However, I haven't had any leg issues riding the Peloton hard 5 days per week. I also really like all the metrics and competing against other people in the live classes. Your milage may vary, but it has truly changed my life in less than a month. I just wish that MFP would link to my Peloton account and automatically download my workouts ...

Anyone else on MFP riding a Peloton? I would love to hear about your experience ...

Replies

• tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about those cycle commuters who like to pretend they are riding in the Tour instead of to work. Sorry, no experience of a peloton machine, but it did make me smile :)
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful to hear, I am wanting to lose 30 pound by my 50th Birthday in September. I have been a treadmill person and needed something with a little more motivation and coaching. I am not a bike rider, I have ridden occasionally with my bike in summer so I am taking the plunge with out ever have taking a spinning class. Love to be friends so I have a bud in the Peloton community.
  • lcgoss
    lcgoss Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We just got our Peloton in beginning of February. I want to lose 40 by September #luci1