How often do you weigh?

Options
2»

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on Friday in the late morning.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Everyday but always keep in mind that it will fluctuate with water because of muscle repair from a good workout, that tom, or going over your sodium limit.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weekly, and the first day of each month (when I measure) to track monthly progress.
  • witchyitchyaya
    witchyitchyaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week. Low carb produces results for me and i like to see my progress.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    They say your 'true' weight is first thing in the morning before you've had anything to eat or drink, after you've gone to the toilet. So I weigh myself first thing in the morning, every morning. I write down my weight along with the date, it gives me satisfaction to see the weight coming off even if its only 100g.
  • Vanillabeanss2
    Vanillabeanss2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Healthy way to see progress is 4-6weeks weigh in.
  • Bites_2017
    Bites_2017 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll get on the scale several times a week, but the only time that counts is first thing Sunday morning, before breakfast, after using the bathroom. Everything else is just to give me an idea of how my week is going so far.

I'm exactly the same!
  • alexpriceonline
    alexpriceonline Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday and found that I would stress and over adjust if the scale went up. Now I only weigh myself once a week. Sometimes the suspense is annoying, and if the scale doesn't move much over a week then it can make you feel weird. But I prefer to not be stressing over my weight everyday.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I only weigh about once a month because my water weight is always all over the place so weighing daily or even weekly just drives me slightly crazy.

I find that this way I'm more relaxed about it. I just make sure I'm consistent and trust in the process.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'll get on the scale several times a week, but the only time that counts is first thing Sunday morning, before breakfast, after using the bathroom. Everything else is just to give me an idea of how my week is going so far.

Me too. I weigh daily for data, but Sunday is my day for my tracking weight for the week.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    3 times a day if I'm home all day, twice if I'm not.
  • peacekeace
    peacekeace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I posted a status asking help with this same thing a few days ago. I am typically a weigh-every day type girl, but it was KILLING my motivation (I mean, for me, nothing is more discouraging than being on track all day and staying the same or gaining weight). So I try to limit myself to once a week (I'm in a biggest loser team challenge on here that requires a weekly weigh-in). I also have set my scale to be weightless (it doesn't show my weight, just how many pounds I've lost/gained; I really prefer it this way). So far so good.
  • NoFatNoFit
    NoFatNoFit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Once a week =D
  • lisadowrose
    lisadowrose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am all over the map when it comes to weighing myself
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I try do an official weigh in every Sunday morning, which I use to update my stats on several challenges I joined. I weigh more than that but focus on the weekly weigh in to gauge progress.

I switched from Monday to Sunday cause Monday's can be hectic and I missed a couple morning weighs. Doing it latter in the day isn't apples to apples.
  • honeybuns08
    honeybuns08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on Sunday first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. I find that if I weigh more often and see a gain it's very disappointing. As for keeping yourself accountable be sure to log your food daily in MFP. Even if it's a treat or total cheat day. If you bite it, write it.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I only record it if I have a loss.
  • dalem10
    dalem10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First thing everyday for me. It helped me understand the fluctuations and helps keep me accountable.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal recommends that you weigh weekly. At this the beginning of your effort, take measurements and photographs. Save those data and photographs. You can record the measurements in the Reports section. Personally, I weigh daily, but that's a personal preference.