Losing 30lbs by My 21st Birthday

Options
So, my birthday is July 19. I am wanting to be 30lbs less does anyone have any tips besides calorie deficiency, I am currently working on that.

Replies

• alilovesgiraffes_
    Options
    The real way to lose weight is CICO, but if you wanted to work on something else to just become healthier I would recommend eating more proteins & less carbs; eating more vegetables and greens will also give you more energy than meats and processed food. Best of luck! I'm also wanting to lose around 30 lbs by my 21st in June.
  • LizzyPops2
    LizzyPops2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Strength training could help too. It will help you tone so that when the weight goes you'll look leaner than if you didn't strength train. I need to lose 20lbs by my 21st birthday July 16th!! Feel free to add me :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The real way to lose weight is CICO, but if you wanted to work on something else to just become healthier I would recommend eating more proteins & less carbs; eating more vegetables and greens will also give you more energy than meats and processed food. Best of luck! I'm also wanting to lose around 30 lbs by my 21st in June.

Nothing wrong with carbs.

I second the strength training suggestion, you'd be amazed what that in combination with your calorie deficit can do. The only way to lose fat is to be in a calorie deficit, so get your logging tight and start throwing some dumbbells and/or bars around!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    xcheyxo18 wrote: »
    So, my birthday is July 19. I am wanting to be 30lbs less does anyone have any tips besides calorie deficiency, I am currently working on that.

That's all you need...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I second eating healthy, but don't eat so "healthy" that you can't and won't stick to it. Don't focus on specific nutrients, aim to get in a varied diet instead - and you can do that eating food you like, and that's so much easier to stick to. Oh, and the calorie deficit thing doesn't work unless you stick to it.
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Here's something that helped me: Once I started logging my food, I noticed a trend in my macros. I was consistently only getting about half of the recommended amount of protein. Once I upped my protein, I started being way more satisfied with fewer calories. Others have stated that fats or carbs help them to feel fuller longer. Have a look and try different combinations to find what satisfies you best. But remember that these numbers are general guidelines and you will not turn into a pumpkin if you are over or under on a particular day ;)