10 minute easy to do core exercises

Options
Starting back out and hoping to re-gain some muscle. Does anyone know of a pretty simple quick series of moves that can be done within 10-15 minutes at home, without equipment (thinking something easy that I can do immediately after rolling out of bed).

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Fall out of bed, onto the floor and into a set of planks, front and both sides. :)
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Plank, superman, crunch, steam engine, and leg lifts.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    steam engine?
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bird dog, scissors, bicycle crunches, v sits are others I add into my routine
  • aki619
    aki619 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Look up Joanna Soh on youtube... she has a couple of videos on quick, do at home exercises. I know she has a 5 minute ab video that really gets your core burning.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Get back ups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_DoicHg2E

Very functional, can adapt for any fitness level. Add a chair for assistance if needed. As strength increases try to get up using fewer points of contact and quicker.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Push ups, bodyweight squats, garhammer raises, glute bridges, double crunches, and all kinds of evil, torturous planks like hellraises, side planks with leg lifts, plank jacks, etc. You can add weight to some of these exercises by grabbing a heavy can of soup or two or other random heavy object. A small investment in 5- and 10-lb weights would provide even more flexibility and payoff for developing your core.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Look up nerd fitness beginners bodyweight programme - takes about 15 minutes!