Roll out of bed exercises? (for core)

Options
Starting back out to re-gain some muscle after the kid years. Does anyone know of a pretty simple quick series of exercises that can be done within 10-15 minutes at home, without equipment (thinking something easy that I can do immediately after rolling out of bed). Focused on core? (or direct me to a link?)
(Posting here, b/c no response on fitness, this board must get more traffic thanks)

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You likely didn't get any hits in the exercise section because your questions wasn't very clear and very mixed at what you wanted. If you are just looking for some core exercises, you aren't going to regain any muscle. Google the following exercises-Planks, dead bugs, bird dogs, mountain climbers, bridge variants, glute bridge, Hollow body, superman holds. They will work your entire core (not just abs)
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I was doing planks but then I met with a personal trainer who is also a physical therapy assistant. He said planks are really hard on shoulders. I have shoulder issues already, so I stopped them. Wall sits are good.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Get back ups are a very effective, functional core workout. You can do as many rounds as you have time for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_DoicHg2E
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Get back ups are a very effective, functional core workout. You can do as many rounds as you have time for:

Or have the stamina for. These are surprisingly challenging!

Great share, thanks.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Great share, thanks.

Yep I really like them. Really something people at almost any level can do with modifications. Weaker individuals can use a bench if needed for assistance as they get started. All the way to advanced who can do them with fewest points of contact and for time
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options

Great share, thanks.

Yep I really like them. Really something people at almost any level can do with modifications. Weaker individuals can use a bench if needed for assistance ad they get started. All the way to advanced who can do them with fewest points of contact and for time

They were also invigorating - next time my coworker complains about being sleepy I'm going to tell him to do these :lol:
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

Great share, thanks.

Yep I really like them. Really something people at almost any level can do with modifications. Weaker individuals can use a bench if needed for assistance ad they get started. All the wayti advanced who can do them with fewest points of contact and for time

Thank you for posting this! I love that the movements are simple and reflect the types of getting-up-off-the-floor situations we need to be able to do in real life.