Want to loose 60 pounds

Options
Please give me some tips. How to effectively loose weight.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Follow your MFP calorie goal, log your food everyday consistently and accurately. Invest in a food scale. Get some exercise.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you need a calorie deficit. Since you want to lose 60 pounds go with a goal of 1-1.5 pounds a week. Stick to your goal. Weigh everything on a digital scale and log in grams or oz. Use correct entries ( no homemade or generic). Move more. Choose exercise you enjoy and doesn't seem like punishment. Have patience. You may lose one week and stall the next. Weight loss isn't linear. Don't buy into MLMS or lose weight fast schemes. They don't work.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Follow your MFP calorie goal, log your food everyday consistently and accurately. Invest in a food scale. Get some exercise.

This.
    cathipa wrote: »
    To lose weight you need a calorie deficit. Since you want to lose 60 pounds go with a goal of 1-1.5 pounds a week. Stick to your goal. Weigh everything on a digital scale and log in grams or oz. Use correct entries ( no homemade or generic). Move more. Choose exercise you enjoy and doesn't seem like punishment. Have patience. You may lose one week and stall the next. Weight loss isn't linear. Don't buy into MLMS or lose weight fast schemes. They don't work.

And this.

Just be patient. Eat at a deficit and you will get there.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hang out here. Read lots, understand more. It's just calorie counting but it works. DW and I each lost 55 pounds doing nothing but eating better and walking. We both lost 20+pounds before walking.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat less than you burn*. That's really it.

*-by burn I mean throughout the day, not just exercise