Hi...I need Suggestions & support

Options
I need to lose weight to have surgery and I am not doing well. I live alone & am disabled stuck at home. Will someone please help me?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How do you need help?
  • catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started slowly eating better. One thing that has stuck with me is "Whole Foods ARE the ingredients." I try to stick to things that are themselves (if that makes sense) it has just a few ingredients. Once I was able to tackle that, I started logging in mfp to see where I was at calorie wise. I started seeing where I was eating a lot of calories was able to adjust things from there.

Good luck!
  • kat2266
    kat2266 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tiny_Dancer...I need support. I live alone and don't have any support.
    Look_Its_Kriss...I have entered all my info and put myself as sedentary.
    Catgerm...I am eating better, doing the best I can on a limited income.

My PCP says I'm 1 point above being a diabetic. I am trying to eat as a diabetic, but it is all so confusing. For instance...one article says salmon is good. Another one says it causes cancer cuz it has been found to have antibiotics, pesticides and flame retardant in it. Low fat, I thought was good, but I read that can cause cancer due to causing cancer. So I went to low carb, but that says it can increase anxiety and have no energy. I am just so confused!!

I don't know what kind of exercising I can do not being able to put any pressure on my right knee.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!!