Weekend binging

Options
Hi all, second week of this site and I love it. Had a really good first week weighed in on Saturday and lost 2lbs but then Saturday and Sunday I just was bad, made bad food choices, had people round for supper Sunday and had 2 desserts. It seems as though I am still subconciously rewarding myself with food. I have got back to it yesterday but am hoping that when I weigh in next Saturday I won't have a gain. How can I break this bad habit of mine and does anyone else have this problem. :mad:

Replies

• TaraArriola
    Options
    I know that I have this problem. I do WW as well and reward myself with a chocolate shake on weigh in day. (WTF!!!)

Anyway, I believe that we need to find a new reward system. Food is not it.

As far as desserts go, having 2 is not the problem it is having 2 full servings that is the problem. split them up into smaller servings and it will be like you are only have one dessert. Do not ever deny yourself, that would mean that you are dieting. You are not dieting you are making a lifestyle change.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I try to make myself work out on those days...I might still be above my calories a little, but atleast I burned some, could have been worse.
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Depending on what it is you are eating, you shouldn't gain too much. Remember 1lb = 3,500 calories.
    The way I get round things like... having dessert when other people are having dessert... is purchase something veyr low fat.
    I buy Weightwatchers chocolate brownies (even though I don't ....do weightwatchers....it's just low cal, low fat food)
    and when people are tucking into their chocolate cakes, I tuck into my weightwatchers brownies. That way, I am eating dessert at the same time as everyone else, so I don't feel left out and I am eating something that tastes... not too bad ^_^

This is probably a rubbish tip, but that's how I have been getting round things :) Reward yourself, but reward yourself with something low cal, low fat :)
  • matte633
    matte633 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who was a professional fitness expert, owned a gym, etc...

He told me that if YOU DON"T give yourself a little slack on the weekends, you will eventually fall off the wagon.
    Eat super healthy all week, give yourself a little grace on the weekend (however, understand I'm saying a LITTLE grace, not a lot, or you will live with guilt! LOL)

So, I stick to my plan Mon-Friday... On Saturdays I try to stick to my plan, but will allow myself some dessert.. (and as someone said before, SMALL SERVINGS is KEY)... I try to break it up so I could have dessert twice.

Another thing is, I have fallen in love with fruit again for something sweet - it's amazing how much fruit you can eat and it be little calories... And I also use healthy cereals as a dessert.

I think you'll find that your taste buds will change after time... Cake no longer looks appealing to me.