Pulled a muscle..?

Options
Almost a month ago I started feeling sever pain to my right butt bone/muscle I don't know to be honest. Couldn't sit down comfortable, walk, kneel, or move around like I use to. My entire leg hurts know from my thigh to my calf almost like a leg cramp type of feel... I have friends who are workout buffs and told me I probably just pulled a muscle and it's gonna take a while to heal. Any ways wante to see if anyone has had a similar thing happened to them and if so what they did to help it heal... I must say I still hit the gym EVERYDAY. I try to take it easy but I just feel guilty and lazy when I don't. I do 40min of cardio and 40min of weights. I feel good when my leg is warmed up but as soon as I rest it's when the pain starts again...

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    we can't really diagnose your leg over the internet but if i were in your shoes i'd rest my leg as much as possible. i'm not going to tell you to see a doctor because I rarely do that, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. at the very least, i'd be resting a leg that has "severe pain" and not warming it up so that it stops hurting long enough that I can get thru a workout.
  • Ljvalsan
    Ljvalsan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I once jumped off an LMTV and sprained my thigh muscle. The only thing that made it better was rest and ice. I went to the doctor and he gave me naproxyn, an antinflammatory medicine. It helped. But if you keep working it it is gonna take way longer to heal. I know it sucks but those are injuries for ya.
  • chunks29
    chunks29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lol.! Ya that sucks man.. That's why I haven't gone to see the dic because I'm sure all they are going to say is rest and give me Meds that really I don't need. I have learned to tolerate the pain it's just so annoying that I can do regular activity like I use to. So I'm going to heed your warnings and will put off hitting the gym so much and see if it helps.. I really don't like taking the Meds because they make me feel so out of it.. Thanks again guys :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    we can't really diagnose your leg over the internet but if i were in your shoes i'd rest my leg as much as possible. i'm not going to tell you to see a doctor because I rarely do that, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. at the very least, i'd be resting a leg that has "severe pain" and not warming it up so that it stops hurting long enough that I can get thru a workout.

This. There are a few possibilities it could be in that area.
    I have had similar pain before. My first option is always ice and ibprofen. 20 minutes of ice, 40 off, repeat a couple of times. If it is severe, rest too. I've been dealing with something similar now where that didn't help and I am now seeing a physio.