Just here to tone!

Just wanting to tone up. Motivated to get back shape. My goal is 10,000 steps a day. 1/2 hour on treadmill. Any more suggestions?

Replies

• MikiBellah68
    MikiBellah68 Posts: 47 Member
    AnvilHead, thank you. That was very insightful and just tells me I'm doing it the right way.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    AnvilHead, thank you. That was very insightful and just tells me I'm doing it the right way.

So you're building muscle with 10k steps and the treadmill? I thought you were in maintenance as well.
  • MikiBellah68
    MikiBellah68 Posts: 47 Member
    No, not wanting to build muscle, just tone my body. If I can maintain my weight while I'm at it, that would be good. Losing a few pounds can't hurt. This is all new to me so any insight would be helpful.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Toning up is just losing fat to have a leaner, more defined physique - log accurately (weighing solids, measuring liquids and find appropriate entries on the database), and I'd add resistance training to your exercise regime to help maintain muscle.

In case you didn't see this post, I'll repost it. This is pretty much what you need to do.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,792 Member
    Might want to take a look at this thread (or not, but maybe interesting for others attracted to this thread):

HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Just scroll through and look at the photos.