hey guys i need friends/support/ advice

Options
Hey there so guys I lost 35lbs back in 2013/14 was 165 a good size but still wanted to loose more and of course life happened and I was blessed with another baby ( baby #4) I'm 5'4" btw and it left me back aroundat my previous weight 196 ..just about before my weight loss back then after baby I was 190. I'm back at this weight loss journey but this time, it is from hard work and dedication. This first time I lost it due to stress. Anyways I'm looking for women who are in my same boat looking to loose the weight / inches and can help me out:-) and I'll of course return the favor. Right now I set a goal of 1,000 calories and try to do about 200/300 calorie burn workout, I am left with a question as my "food" section is left saying 1,100's, 1200's and If I mess up bad 1300 . I'm wondering if I need to just eat 1,000 my goal then when days I work out, eat the extra calories ? or DO NOT eat the extra calories ? add me please let's help each other check out my diary and give me advice. When I first started this thing I kinda eased into it so some of my entries in the beginning aren't so good lol I've managed to go from 190 and am bouncing back between 176 morning read to 180 night read on scale. I've been stuck here for the last 2/3 weeks. Anyways hope to get some friends who are looking for friends too. Talk to u guy soon I hope

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and lost 70 pounds eating around 1600 calories each day. I currently weigh 135 lbs, and am happy with where I am.

A word about eating only 1000 calories - It's hard to get the nutrients your body needs at that level of eating, and you're going to end up hungry and cranky and energy deficient.... and you need all the energy you can get to take care of 4 kiddos. At that level of eating, you might be able to 'stay strong' for a while, but eventually you're likely to cave, over-eat, then feel bad about it. You can save yourself some frustration (and stay healthier) by eating at the level that MFP actually suggests for you.

A word about weighing - as you eat and drink throughout the day, your body weight will fluctuate and it will USUALLY be higher in the evening. I weigh myself at the same time every day (first thing in the morning), so that I can see true fluctuations. Also, you're body weight can fluctuate from day to day by several pounds sometimes due to water-weight, hormones, a particularly heavy meal or too much salt (causes water retention). Don't put too much stock into a single weigh-in, and it might be beneficial for you to weigh only once a week. Your call.

SOmething that happened to me when I was losing: Sometimes I'd hold onto the same weight for several weeks, and then suddenly drop 4 or 5 lbs at once. It was really frustrating, and I wonder if the same thing is happening to you. If your weight isn't increasing and you're doing everything you should be doing to lose weight, just be patient. It'll come off. You didn't gain it over night, you're not going to lose it overnight either. :)