Favorite lowest calorie snacks for Super Bowl? ideas?

Options
What are your favorite lowest calorie snacks, that are easy to make for the Super Bowl?

Replies

• kplowman2011
    kplowman2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Veggies and hummus and also going to try buffalo baked cauliflower.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm not going for low calorie I am just aiming to make my foods I want fit in for the day
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Pop corn
  • srosenthal1225
    srosenthal1225 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in LOVE with Litehouse Opa greek yogurt dips..with raw veggies ...fabulous!! Also family is ordering pizza and I am going to ask for a Papa Johns small veggie pizza..all the nutritional deets are on their website and verified on MFP!!
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like salsa and chips. There's a brand of chips called Food Should Taste Good, and they have a multigrain tortilla-style chip. They're very filling and it only takes a handful, about 100 calories worth or so. And I like to load each chip up with lots of salsa so it feels like I'm getting a lot :smile: Pretzel sticks are great, too, and I like grilled "popcorn" chicken. Have fun today!!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I stretch guacamole by mixing a small amount with cottage cheese. Then I use celery to eat it. That's pretty low calorie and has great macros. If you want low cal chips you could use baked tortilla chips.
  • srosenthal1225
    srosenthal1225 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    great idea with the guac and cottage cheese
  • bobbi55
    bobbi55 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've tried The buffalo cauliflower it was goog
  • bobbi55
    bobbi55 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I meant Good
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    About a dozen chicken wings and several beers.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    chicken wings, potato skins, deviled eggs w/bacon, halo top ice cream. I'm also adding guacamole and chips. The chips are not low cal for sure.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    My problem with guacamole is that since I don't get full from fat and think it's probably one of the most delicious foods on the planet, I could eat the whole bowl. That's what prompted me to come up with the cottage cheese idea. Cottage cheese is really filling for me. I still get the taste of guac, and now it has a shut-off valve.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My problem with guacamole is that since I don't get full from fat and think it's probably one of the most delicious foods on the planet, I could eat the whole bowl. That's what prompted me to come up with the cottage cheese idea. Cottage cheese is really filling for me. I still get the taste of guac, and now it has a shut-off valve.

I love guacamole too, and could easily wipe out a whole big bowl of it. I mixed mine with Fage 0% yogurt, cracked black pepper, some Sriracha and a dash of Frank's hot sauce. I'm using pork rinds instead of chips for dipping.

Also grilling some chicken tenders with a spicy sesame cilantro teriyaki wing recipe from bb.com, a big salad and Halo Top ice cream for dessert. I went for tenders instead of wings because they're more meat and less bones to deal with.
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. Unfortunately, I followed none of them and polished off a bag of Doritos and then some with the fam!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Found the "Superbowl - 1 belly full" entry in the MFP database for 2,000 cals. Sounds about right. Scale did not like me this morning, but this too shall pass.

Condolences to the Falcons fans. I was rooting for them, but had no skin in the game.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I love guacamole too, and could easily wipe out a whole big bowl of it. I mixed mine with Fage 0% yogurt, cracked black pepper, some Sriracha and a dash of Frank's hot sauce. I'm using pork rinds instead of chips for dipping.

Also grilling some chicken tenders with a spicy sesame cilantro teriyaki wing recipe from bb.com, a big salad and Halo Top ice cream for dessert. I went for tenders instead of wings because they're more meat and less bones to deal with.

I thought of Greek yogurt because it's more dip friendly, but it's not as filling to me as cottage cheese is. I blitzed the cottage cheese with an immersion blender to smooth it out so it wasn't so lumpy.

I have to try adding some sriracha to my concoction next time. Sometimes I'll eat it for lunch.