Judging people by profile pics

Options
I am new to MFP and am enjoying cruising through the message boards to get a feel for how things are here in MFP. Overall I like it very much.

However, this judging people based solely on a profile pic seems shallow and absolutely ludicrous.

I am sure many of the people in here pass enough judgement on themselves. So I think it could be rather offensive to some members to even see a post title that is judgmental about how one LOOKS. It is wrong and can be entirely misconstrued.

I hope that these type of post are not a reflection of the MFP on the whole, but just a way of those starting such post, searching for some type of personal validation. Which no one should be searching for in the first place.

Peace:glasses:

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    It's in chit chat, fun and games we all know what goes on here, you're new, you'll learn...
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Plus the only people being judged are those who chose to participate. I have never seen anyone scored lower than a 7 either so people are usually very kind.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You can judge me all you want. I want you to do you. C'mon I want you to do it. Hit me. HIT ME!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    You can judge me all you want. I want you to do you. C'mon I want you to do it. Hit me. HIT ME!

You like to smell the farts of old ladies at Wal-Mart.

Did I win?
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    ...it's the internet. Who cares? Plus, I love the crap out of Boobie Fridays and drooling over all the hardwork I see on my FL.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Did I win?

How else are you supposed to know which house has the best brisket?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options

Did I win?

Yes! LOL
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Sometimes MFP is a little like high school, but it's easy enough to avoid those topics. Just don't participate. Some people are shallow and into that stuff, and some aren't. It's all about who you choose to surround yourself with. Much like life.

Best wishes.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Meh
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the Smash/Pass threads or something else?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Also I hear that Facebook is good for judgement.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Many of us just don't participate in some of the threads that are asking you to comment on the person above you. I for one don't need anyone to tell me I'm old and fat, I know that, so I don't even post in those threads. I am very insecure about how I look so I just stay out of it, that seems to be the smartest thing to do.

Those that participate however, seem to do it in good fun, so no harm done. Usually just some harmless flirting IMO. don't participate if it makes you uncomfortable.
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The forums are the seedy underbelly of MFP. I look at the forums here as a source of entertainment because only about 1 out of every 1,000 topics are original or are even readble on a serious level. You could also look at MFP forums as a place filled with mythical creatures such as trolls, wizards, and well just straight up mentally unstable people. If you are looking for something serious...this ain't the place.

On the flip side...I love coming to the forums for a good laugh or I will pop up to the motivation section to read about someone killing it!

As far as people needing validation...you don't need to come online to see those kinds of people. They are all over in the real world. They just aren't as vocal about it. But people have been coming on forums and message boards for years to fill some sort of empty space. And your observation is the same one made by many other people for decades on the net.

Anyway...hoping you utilize MFP and create a positive FL to help support your journey. If you came here for the forums...well 10/10 would bang and good luck!
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    @Sovilicious... 9.... That pic is hot!!! Oops wrong thread...
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    Also I hear that Facebook is good for judgement.

THE best!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    So many colors!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm here to be ogled. This IS a dating site. Did you not get your welcome packet?

And as soon as you start caring less what others are doing and more about what you're doing, your life will be much better :flowerforyou:
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    10/10 Would bang.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    We all judge. Only some people assign numbers to it and/or make it public. For example, judging by my profile picture, I'm a 10.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I change my pic about 50 times a day, it's not that serious. I don;'t judge others on theirs, I'd prefer not to be judged on mine.
    Usually I look like a goofball.
    Or bridezilla.