8 LBS DOWN AND 121 TO GO!

Options
Hi everyone! I am finally at a point in my life when I am ready to take my health and weight seriously. I never looked at myself and thought I was fat I was always confident. Until I found pictures of myself from 10 years ago and realized how much weight I had gained. Stepping on the scale for the first time in forever was a shocking experience. I weigh 271 now and am looking to get down to around 150.

I have cut out bread, pasta, rice and processed foods and am replacing it with vegetables and lean protein and am keeping myself on a strict 1200 calories a day.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• keanekerin
    keanekerin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do it. I have around 100lbs to loose as well.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've got 81 to lose now, but it was 114 when I started.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good luck!...You may find 1200 too restrictive, but 1200-1400 and leaving out processed foods and eating protein, and lots of veggies is working for me. (down 35 lbs since the end of October).
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting at such a young age! Slow and steady wins the race... best of luck on your journey!
  • Whitney_Massey
    Whitney_Massey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am a bored / emotional eater who is trying to get bored and eat a carrot instead of a whole bag of chocolate. I am satisfying my desire for sweets with GNC chocolate lean shakes and so far its been 6 days and I am doing ok. I ate only 1000 calories yesterday and was so full because I ate tuna with cucumber instead of crackers and actually didn't hate it!
  • tri4life63
    tri4life63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As mxchana posted " Slow and steady wins the race" I as well wish you the best on your journey. It's an awesome ride and the experience will be memorable.
  • devinnn0728
    devinnn0728 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You got this!!
  • Whitney_Massey
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am a single parent of a 2 year old and work full time. My biggest struggle is not eating what she doesn't and trying to find time to exercise when I work full time and take care of her. Money is too tight for a gym membership right now. I guess I can start lifting my kid instead of weighs haha
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I don't belong to a gym. I do have a skier in my basement (I think it retailed for around $200.00 8 years ago) and I use it if the weather's bad or I couldn't get outside for some other reason, but mostly, I just try to walk more. Exercise will help you build muscle, but as long as your calories in are less than your calories out, you will lose weight.
  • SMcClellan1598
    SMcClellan1598 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's mostly mental. I ate for taste. Literally. Full stomach and continued eating.
    Weighed 303 at my heaviest. Now down to 280 after 5 weeks. 55 pounds to go.
    Get it in your head that you're GOING to do this. And DO it! :smiley:
  • Whitney_Massey
    Options
    How much water do yall drink in a day? Do you think sticking to rule of 1/2 your weight in water everyday helps you lose the weight?
  • SMcClellan1598
    SMcClellan1598 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a bored / emotional eater who is trying to get bored and eat a carrot instead of a whole bag of chocolate. I am satisfying my desire for sweets with GNC chocolate lean shakes and so far its been 6 days and I am doing ok. I ate only 1000 calories yesterday and was so full because I ate tuna with cucumber instead of crackers and actually didn't hate it!

Try Jello sugar free pudding. It's only 60 calories per container and tastes great!!