Having cookies every night?

Options
13»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Johnkane44 wrote: »
    I think you should wait and see what happen. Then you can decide what to do. Thanks!

Wait for what?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    Kelimek wrote: »
    I apologize for providing bad calorie info on do-si-do's. Just added whatever came first and didn't check other options. 1 cookie = 160 kcal, so 1 container (3 cookies) = 480kcal and it was confirmed by 3 people. Anyway I've never tried them so no idea about serving size :)

Yes, you've got to check and double-check calorie contents in most foods. If anything looks suspiciously high or low, it's probably not right.

I check my information against: http://nutritiondata.self.com/

I also browse grocery stores and markets from time to time and read labels. I know, for example, that one McVities chocolate coated digestive biscuit is 86 calories.

So knowing that, my guess would be that 3 GG cookies would probably be somewhere in the 250 cal range. But it probably says on the nutritional information on the package.

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you have the calories for them and have met your nutrients for the day, go ahead. I save room every night for some sort of dessert.

That part
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    DO IT! :smiley:

I have 3 boxes of Girl Scout cookies at my disposal: Thin Mints, Tagalogs, and Samoas. I eat one of each. Or two of one. Whatever I feel like, as long as it fit into my calorie allotment.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I've heard the "toffee tastic" are terrible. Too late. I already ordered some from my niece. The s'mores cookies had better make up for it.

That said, are Girl Scout cookies great? Not really. But I buy them because family, and because thin mints (duh) and because waiting for a "special cookie time" to roll around helps me to moderate my intake.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    I actually liked the toffee cookies but they were a tad crumbly.

I've always wanted to try the Trios but they don't sell them in my region and amazon/ebay were a little too expensive for my taste. :)

<----hoping for the sandwich cookie version of the s'mores
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    I really admire everyone who can have one or two cookies. That's awesome. Cookies and chocolate are my kryptonite. I allow for a once a month indulgence if I have hormonal cravings. I didn't get those cravings this month. So no treats. I'm an abstainer for the most part. Not very good at moderating. But thankfully I don't feel deprived.

BTW- I can eat an entire box of caramel delites Girl Scout cookies in one sitting. So I don't buy them.

I'm a hoarder when it comes to food. I'd rather have a box of cookies in the cupboard in case I happen to feel hungry for a cookie than to eat the whole thing in one sitting ... and then not have any for tomorrow or later in the week.

But I end up forgetting about food in the back of my cupboard and tossing half-eaten boxes of cookies etc. because they've gone stale.

Those cookies would call my name until I ate them. :)