Opinions on cheat days

Options
13»

Replies

• kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am one that is trying to change the way I view eating. No dieting, no cheating, no good and bad. I do occasionally eat closer to maintenance, but try to stay just under. I'm really trying to learn self control with portions.
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a lot less during the week and more on weekends (I usually go out to eat once during the weekend and drink wine) so I just make sure it all evens out at the end of the week and it works well for me. I don't consider it "cheating" even if I eat half a pizza and drink an entire bottle of wine, I just make sure I am still under my weekly goal.
  • JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have treat days, I still track but I don't limit. Yesterday, (Superbowl) I ate 2400 calories. On special occasions I don't want to be fussing about calories, so just enjoy it and then get back on the horse. I don't know if there's data to back this up, but the weight seems to fall off so easily in the days following a treat. Friday I eat at maintenance and resume my diet Saturday. There are no off-limits foods, just fitting them into my calories.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If It Fits Your Macros!! But don't you dare not log it :smile:

We all need that psychological pick-me-up once in awhile and there's nothing wrong with eating something you want to eat so long as it fits within your long term goals. One of those goals is to have fun along the way right?!