Arbonne 30 Days to healthy living

Options
Has anyone tried this? A few people that I work with are doing this 30 Days now, and they speak highly of their products.
I know that you have a shake 2x a day, and then have a regular dinner. There is a detox tea, and omega 3's.

Replies

• Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I was just wondering. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • leslie_shoemaker
    leslie_shoemaker Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Looks like another MLM scam, especially if they want to pass off anything that "detoxes"

Why do you say this? Is it impossible to detox?
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    MLM gimmick. To lose weight the only thing you need to focus on is being at the correct calorie deficit for your weight goals. No expensive shakes, supplements or magic teas necessary :)
  • cuadrado12
    cuadrado12 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I recently looked into their products and I personally would not use them. They seemed very gimicky.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    How would that be "Healthy eating"? You're not really eating anything.
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I agree that is nothing fancy. Also just to speak for the products... my friend sells Arbonne and gave me two sample shakes to try (I did not ask, she offered) one was the protein shake, the other was the meal replacement. Both tasted terrible and I couldn't choke them down. I prefer shakes that I enjoy the taste of.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Looks like another MLM scam, especially if they want to pass off anything that "detoxes"

Why do you say this? Is it impossible to detox?

You have to consider what you think you're detoxing *from* exactly?

If you've ingested anything truly heinous that your kidneys can't eliminate from your body all on their own, you need a hospital, and not a "detox tea." ;)
  • Karie2017
    Karie2017 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    MLM gimmick. To lose weight the only thing you need to focus on is being at the correct calorie deficit for your weight goals. No expensive shakes, supplements or magic teas necessary :)

Ain't that the truth!! I lost 32lbs just by daily at home exercises and calorie deficit. No expensive shakes, pills etc.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    The only thing that will be healthy, is Arbonne's share price from all the people that fall for their BS marketting.

Eat a calorie deficit and real food.
  • karastogi
    karastogi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One of my co-worker introduced me to Arbonne. She was in the 3rd week of detox then. I purchased the program for 28 days. I'm on 6th day of the program. I've seen good change on weight with higher energy level. I'm no way related to Arbonne sales and also not sure how much their products are contributing but I'm doing my daily workout, having a close check on calories and eating tons of veggies. One thing I can say, it helped me to be disciplined!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    karastogi wrote: »
    One of my co-worker introduced me to Arbonne. She was in the 3rd week of detox then. I purchased the program for 28 days. I'm on 6th day of the program. I've seen good change on weight with higher energy level. I'm no way related to Arbonne sales and also not sure how much their products are contributing but I'm doing my daily workout, having a close check on calories and eating tons of veggies. One thing I can say, it helped me to be disciplined!

if something 'helps you to be disciplined' and you feel it is worth the money - Sure.

Mind you, 6 days is early to tell if something will do this for the duration.

As long as you realise that what is crucial to the weight loss is the calorie intake, not whether you acheive that with shakes, programs etc - or not.

I know 'placebo discipline tools' can work for some people - I have a few home grown ones that work for me; eating ice cream with a teaspoon for example - makes it last longer and seems more than it is.

But the teaspoon is a placebo tool - nothing magic about it and it isnt acheiving weight loss in itself.
    Likewise the shakes and the detox teas - they are only, at best, helping you stick to calorie deficit

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    karastogi wrote: »

if something 'helps you to be disciplined' and you feel it is worth the money - Sure.

Mind you, 6 days is early to tell if something will do this for the duration.

As long as you realise that what is crucial to the weight loss is the calorie intake, not whether you acheive that with shakes, programs etc - or not.

I know 'placebo discipline tools' can work for some people - I have a few home grown ones that work for me; eating ice cream with a teaspoon for example - makes it last longer and seems more than it is.

But the teaspoon is a placebo tool - nothing magic about it and it isnt acheiving weight loss in itself.
    Likewise the shakes and the detox teas - they are only, at best, helping you stick to calorie deficit

Lol. I prefer salad forks and teaspoons for most eating. I don't think it's to make food last longer, because I've always preferred them.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I pay $10 a month for a gym membership - which I actually use. (So many people I know sign up for gyms and then never go. What's up with that?) And that's all I pay for my health and fitness. No magic pills or potions, special food or programs. All that other stuff is just a waste of money, in my opinion. Why pay for something you can get for free on your own through a little hard work and perseverance?

P.S. Technically, you don't even need a gym, really. I just like the convenience and versatility of it, and it is actually useful vs. that other crap, so I'm willing to pay for it. ;)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    I agree jenilla - so, for you, a gym membership is worth the money.

I can see programs like WW are worth the money for some people and pricey plastic portion control containers are for others. Or fitbits and suchlike.
    and little things like teaspoons are for others like me.

All these things of course only help as tools to create a calorie deficit either decreasing calories in or increasing calories out.

So, theoretically if somebody knows this about shakes and teas and still feels the best use of their weight loss money is to join such a program - good luck to them.

many cheaper ways - and IMO more sustainable ways - but to each their own.