#leanin15 for weight gain?

Very new to the world of fitness and nutrition. Been doing some research and using the foods listed in the recommended post section and the Body Coach books, I think I've come up with a meal plan. Yet to put it into my calorie counter but wondering if anyone thinks this diet works as a weight gain diet?
I'm not sure about his HIIT workouts though, again I think I'll use the recommended post beginners workout.
Just looking for feedback really.
The food looks good, the portions are big, it's quick to cook...

Replies

• ianhollis68
    ianhollis68 Posts: 4 Member
    The food is good in the main, as for portion size I think the books are attempting to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, so the recipes are fairly big, I suspect on the actual tailored plan they would be a bit smaller for weight loss, but as a recipe book combined with knowing how many calories, nutrients etc you need to gain the weight you want then scaling the recipes as required, they're pretty good

Food prep seems to be the key if only on a smaller scale than some of the die hards do, I've found prepping my lunch has stopped me making bad choices while at work
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    as long as you are in a surplus of calories you will gain weight. HIIT can be done during a bulk, but, again, you want to make sure that you eat enough as to not burn off your surplus.
  • cateuk
    cateuk Posts: 7 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    as long as you are in a surplus of calories you will gain weight. HIIT can be done during a bulk, but, again, you want to make sure that you eat enough as to not burn off your surplus.

Thanks! I'm tracking using a calories counter and trying to eat just over in a bid to gain at least a lb a week. I want to gain good weight and be toned.

Was worried I'd go to all the effort of eating well and then burn it all off by doing HIIT. Going to do a mix of that and aerobics to get general fitness.

Tips are always welcomed!!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    cateuk wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Thanks! I'm tracking using a calories counter and trying to eat just over in a bid to gain at least a lb a week. I want to gain good weight and be toned.

Was worried I'd go to all the effort of eating well and then burn it all off by doing HIIT. Going to do a mix of that and aerobics to get general fitness.

Tips are always welcomed!!!!

Just to be clear though, gaining weight and being toned aren't going to happen at the same time. If you gain mass, you are also gaining fat. No away around that. So you will fluff up a bit when you gain weight. That is why you should cut after you bulk up a bit. Alternative, and albeit a bit slow, you can try and recomp; where you eat around maintenance, follow a progressive overload lifting program and work on a solid diet. There you can hope to gain a bit of mass and cut a bit of fat. But this can take some time... you might see some results in 3-6 months, but many take 2 years or so to see their ideal body.