Spiralizer for fat free potato chips

Options
acpgee
acpgee Posts: 7,669 Member
I used to do these chip replacements by slicing potatoes thinly in the food processor and laying them flat on a sheet of silicon mesh or silicon baking parchment. Spiralizer makes doing larger quantities feasible.

Spiralize a scrubbed potato on the wide ribbon setting that just makes flat spirals instead of noodles. Salt the potato. You can use seasoned salt. Lay some silicon baking parchment or silicon mesh on a plate that fits in the microwave. Arrange the potato so that slices are not stuck together. Nuke on high for about 8 minutes. Check if the some of the potatoes have started turning golden brown. If so take them out as they burn easily after that stage. If none of the potato has browned continue to nuke in 1 minute intervals until some of the potato start to color. The chips continue to harden as they cool.

If you don't have a spiralizer, you can do this with thinly sliced potato placed on a single layer of silicon mesh or baking paper. For the smaller quantity of potato that can be done with sliced potato, check after 5-6 minutes instead of 8.

Replies

• tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'd like to try with sweet potatoes!
  • tarothelp
    Options
    Bump!
    Tried this....seriously yummy with sweet potatoes. I sprayed the plate w canola spray then lightly sprayed slices before I piped in mic. Yum!
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yum, great idea! Gonna try this with both regular and sweet potatoes. I will use truffle salt on the regular potatoes.
  • tarothelp
    Options
    Oh they are yummy!! Kale chips tomorrow!
  • lanalee999
    lanalee999 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I just bought a spiralizer recently and I'm looking for other things to make besides zucchini noodles. :-) Definitely going to try this.