Looking to lose my weight the healthy way :)

Options
I'm the mother of 3 year old twins (boy and a girl)(wish I could still call it 'baby weight'). My peak weight was 210 lbs which finally broke me and made me decide to make some changes. At first I made a gazillion healthy switches and additions to my diet but still wasn't losing anything. I always thought calorie counting was ridiculous and unhealthy but I had a metabolism profile done at one of those HerbaLife places and got the actual number of calories my body needed just to get through the day. I liked it because I knew the calculation was specific to me. That day I found this site and have been using it ever since. So far I've lost almost 20 lbs, looking to lose about 60 more, so it's going to be a long journey, thought it would be cool to finally check out some of these forums, scrounge up some advice here and there if I can, and share what I can. I'm kind of a google freak so I feel like the walking encyclopedia of nutrition lately :P

Replies

• tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    That's wonderful! We started out at about the same place and it sounds like we have the same goal weight, too! We can do it!

The forum is really great. :) Everyone here is so supportive... I mostly lurk, though.

(And a late congrats for having the best kind of multiples... I happen to have a twin brother, but I'm not biased. :glasses: )