Not sure what I want?

I started at 16 st and now 13 and a half, the main reason I started this was I hated the way I looked and my stomach was always so huge, I don't know what to set my goals to because I just want a less flabby stomach? I don't know what weight I need to be for that and I'm feeling a lot better about myself already, anybody else have these kinds of goals and do they just keep changing weight as they go down ect?

Replies

• robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Simply put, don't go by weight and go with how you look and feel.

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'd pick the top of the healthy BMI range for your height (you can find online calculators for that), and then when you get there, you'll have more information to make a decision with.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Do you do any strength training? You might find that it changes your body in more positive ways than losing weight alone. When "just" losing weight, you become a smaller version of yourself, but your problem areas might still be there. When strength training, you get to reshape your body. And, since muscle is more dense than fat, you might end up a higher weight than you originally thought.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I'm always chopping and changing. One month I'll be on maintenance, next month in a deficit, sometimes I'll eat all of my exercise calories back, other times none at all and leave them there as my deficit.

I'm pretty happy with my weight and how i look, so I'm not super diligent or motivated to lose more. You'll know when you get there when you like what you see in the mirror .Keep an eye on your body composition and how your clothes fit rather than an arbitrary number on the scale.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Don't worry about the goal numbers - just pick something that seems healthy for your height and head in that direction.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    There is absolutely no reason you can't change your goal weight as many times as you choose. For that matter, your goal doesn't even need to be based on weight. It could be based on clothing size, bf%, or simply achieving a certain look in the mirror. My goal is based entirely on leanness/fitness, not some number on the scale.