Digging Deep!

Options
Tomorrow at 4am, I will be going to run on a treadmill in the workout room at work. This is very early but I am determined to build my endurance/stamina for running a 5k mid-March. Running outside is difficult for two reasons: snow and lack of daylight. Made a lot of progress last year and want to pick up where I left off in November.

I want this!!

Replies

• BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    They sell headlamps and flashy things for your body. I rarely run in daylight, except on weekends, and my running is outside. Unless it's really icy, you can use trail shoes and I've ran in snow in my road shoes. I'd do just about anything to avoid running on a treadmill. Plus, if you are used to running outside, it should help in your race. Good luck in your 5K!!
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    U'd better sleep longer. Why do u stress yout body to such early run? Much healthier to get up in normal time. Why not to find any other time of the day or evening for healthy run?
  • BuddhaWithLizard
    Options
    Good on you! Hope your week was a successful one on the treadmill.

Other posters mentioned Treadmill and Time. Here are some thoughts:

Running early in the morning is a natural habit for runners. In the Riff Valley, all Kenyans start their morning run at 6:00 am. All over the US, Jr. High, High School and College runners are doing their first run of the day between 6:00 and 7:00 am. Yes, 4:00 am is a bit early but a true runner only concerns themselves with getting the miles in, not what time the run starts are ends.

As for the treadmill. In both Michigan and Minnesota for examples, there are Women Elite/Professional running clubs running all winter on treadmills. It's safer because of the weather. These are females that can run sub 2:40 marathons. Running on a treadmill will make you mentally stronger as well.

Keep Running!