Work Out Expectations - High or Low?

Options
dawn_h_d
dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
I am sure this has been asked, but I haven't been able to find any posts about it, so I do apologize in advance if this something that is asked quite frequently.

Is it better to low ball your exercise expectations? What I mean, is it better to put that I will exercise for 4 times a week for 30 minutes, knowing that I actually do more, or do I put in goals that may or not make.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    it all depends, we're all different. what do you think works best for you?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    as far as with setting up your fitness profile, it does not affect your calorie intake at all. you could put in "work out 0 times a week" and it'll give you the same amount of calories as if you put in "working out 20 times a week."

calorie goals are based on height, age, weight, and what you put in as your activity level and how much you want to lose a week.
  • jfb1837
    jfb1837 Posts: 1
    Options
    Get creative and have a mixture! Plan a few days with easier workouts and a few days with harder workouts. It's great anyway to vary your workouts, not only in type (running, yoga, elliptical, weight lifting, etc), but also in intensity and duration.

Unless your posting is more mental in concern, in which case I'd personally go with setting lower goals in general, so I could feel better about myself when I destroy them ;-) I don't think that's quite cheating, is it? Haha!
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Cool. Thank you. For me, I am more motivated by making them low and seeing how far I can surpass them.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Cool. Thank you. For me, I am more motivated by making them low and seeing how far I can surpass them.

hey, it's easy to jump over the bar when it's only at your ankles.

make your goals high, and the air will taste so much sweeter when you get there.

don't short change yourself.