Gyms

Options
livvie25
livvie25 Posts: 62 Member
edited February 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok so Im a person that needs to be pushed and needs direction. The gym costs 1250 yes really that much. Ive got great results. Regular gyms I just go 20 min then leave lack of motivation etc its always veen like this. However I know if I dont keep going I will fall back into couch tv depression. Just having a hard time with the price. Just need some input please thanks :)

Replies

• 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Is that $1,250.00? Per month?
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That's too pricey for me. I'd shop around for a more affordable version that has the same amenities. In fact, I just joined a gym for $360 per year.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How much is your current and future health worth to you?
    In both monetary and commitment terms.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    livvie25 wrote: »
    Ok so Im a person that needs to be pushed and needs direction. The gym costs 1250 yes really that much. Ive got great results. Regular gyms I just go 20 min then leave lack of motivation etc its always veen like this. However I know if I dont keep going I will fall back into couch tv depression. Just having a hard time with the price. Just need some input please thanks :)

Looks like someone has a choice to make: Pay the money; Get some determination and get it done yourself; Go back to the couch.

Your choice.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Google around for a trainer that will come to your home and train you in your home. I bet they will undercut that gym price point of modest mortgage.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Google around for a trainer that will come to your home and train you in your home. I bet they will undercut that gym price point of modest mortgage.

I'm guessing the gym is $1,250 a year. If it was per month there would be plenty of competition.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

I'm guessing the gym is $1,250 a year. If it was per month there would be plenty of competition.

$1250/year isn't that out of line, but you sure can find a cheaper gym.

• livvie25
    livvie25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone yes it is 1,250. 2 trainers all the time pushing you 30 min sessions. In my town there isnt much I actually drive 40 minutes to get to this one. I had a 5 week try it session. Lost 10 pds and still have a week to go. I hate the price however I hate the alternative of going back to my old ways.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    OK, time to simply consider the cost versus benefits. Very often the best things in life ARE NOT FREE. And sometimes gym memberships are over-priced. But consider:

1. Can you fit this into your budget? Will other parts of your life suffer financially? Or is this merely inconveniently pricey?
    2. How much value do you get per visit? I calculate the per week cost is $24. If you go 4x a week it's $6 a session. Do you get your money's worth for that? Would a cheaper gym give you the same or better benefit?
    3. What would you do otherwise? Pretend that this gym burnt to the ground yesterday and is no longer around. What would you do instead? (No, go sit on the couch and eat cookies is not a choice!) Look into what other alternatives you would be forced to consider in that case.
    4. What does your gut say?

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

$140 for most Crossfit gyms... I wouldn't be very much surprised if a gym was 10x that. We have an exclusive gym in Milwaukee which approaches that for all inclusive services